Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Aussie 53 pickup. Been meening to this post for a while

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chevpickup, Jan 26, 2012.

1. 53chevpickup

53chevpickup
    from Australia

So for anyone that does not know me I have been building this thing for about 9 years. I know its a long time but I have a tendency to wonder in and out of projects in the shed at a stagering pace.

Heres the details. Its not going to be any show winner but just a fun truck to scoot around in and chase parts. When I purchased it, it had a 350/350 combo that I later sold to a local guy for his Stude, which is lucky for me as it shit a rod about 3 months later. I replaced the engine with a 394 olds, which I am still sorting out.

I stepped and shortened the chassis as it was a 2 ton and then bagged it. It already had the fromt graft from previous owner.

I recently got her running at the Newsted chopped weekend after terential rain and chasing parts all over the place. I can wait to get my new shed finished to get stuck back into it and finaly get her to shape that she whole hartedly deserves after the abuse I have inflicted and threats of on selling.

Any way here are some pics, enjoy and I will endever to post updates when I remember.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Man its looking pretty sweet! hope to see the progress soon

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

cool ride. drifting is so popular now guess that is why it has been 9 years. final result will be worth it, I am at 2 1/2 years on my project '51 Ford.

4. 53chevpickup

53chevpickup
    from Australia

Thanks guys progress will slow for the next week or so due to work on the new shed. And then I'll get back to it. I started on the custom grill a while back. When I finish it I will get some more pics.

5. Glad that you posted. Nice!

6. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Looking good ... it's gonna be nice!

7. get that shed finished!! Hope you can get it all done now.

8. 53chevpickup

53chevpickup
    from Australia

I was wondering when you were going to turn up on this Fitz. Speaking of posting on the HAMB hows work goin. Ha Ha HA

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

One thing to mention, parts from a 'Holden' bodied Chev don't interchange with 'Fisher' bodies. Chassis and fenders should be OK. A friend of a friend found out only after he ordered quite a few parts from the US and then found out that they won't fit. :mad:

10. a bloke

a bloke

IS that a 38-39 pick up in the shed as well?
    any pics/plans for that?
    They are my favourite truck.

11. you suck! Starting to get the shed clear and the 38 back on wheels so I can start to get it done. Got new whites for the ponti and 51 fenders spears to be installed. Making progress slowly. Got a new job now so hopefully wont be workin saturdays any more so I can get my other business up and running........

Gaylords Kustom art and Tikis!

12. 53chevpickup

53chevpickup
    from Australia

Thats some funny shit right there Fitz.

Sorry ABloke that truck has been gone a while now. It was pretty bad down low but had a good roof. It went to a guy who had a tree fall right down the middle of his good cab and squish the roof, so I though it a good deal.

MGTstumpy your right the aussie stuff is different but can be made to fit in most cases depending what it is. I fell for the same thing with the door handles. Its a bitch.

13. only half jokin, should get my resin gear soon this weekend to do some gear knobs before kkw