Register now to get rid of these ads!

The modern HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wags66

Wags66
    from Montana

Im in the 166,000s...still have newbie under my name and an ugly green star next to my name on every post. Came here seeking knowledge and possibly some lasting friendships with other folks into the geardhead thing. LOTS of history, great info, and a few good people. Look forward to being here for the next 180,000 so maybe someday I can be one of the "cool" kids.

2. about 177,000 members asking the same questions, the early 3000+ members already answered.
    Please use the search function!

3. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

let me just say this just once and maybe for all? hehe....your "member number" you scroll over is NOT CORRECT...i know for a fact it is not,,the HAMB has had several renovations over the years and a few times things (like member number) have been reset....when i originally joined(under a different user name) i was in the late 1000 zone(close to 1900),but now shows in the mid 600 range which i know is not correct...

4. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

That "ugly green star" means you have posted on the thread (as noted on the main page) you don't want green stars ... don't post :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• hamb.jpg
      hamb.jpg
      File size:
      12.5 KB
      Views:
  5. Wags66

Wags66
    from Montana

LMAO!!! still lots to learn...

6. tjmercury

tjmercury

I joined for the great wealth of knowledge, experience and information.......haven't been let down yet!

7. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

54129 here. I like it here.

8. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

... :cool:

9. thehazguy

thehazguy

Learned so much from the members had to join. Now an Alliance Member and my brother just signed on as well. Great stuff

10. Welcome back Comrade, you stinking piece of rotting Pho.

11. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

I call BULLSHIT! Mr.128363!

:) Really, just given you a little shi.....

12. Thanks Abe! Hope all is well with you and Mel XOXO:p

13. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Cool I just found out I'm #617!

If this is our neighborhood.
    I'm the hermit with tons of cars in the yard on blocks.
    Don't venture out too many other places.
    Thanks Ryan for keepin it real.

TP

14. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

its cool!....wasnt trying to burst anybodys bubbles,just wanted to clarify...,but now that you mentioned it i re-checked my original user name..and it said 'log in march 2002' with a user number 6XX,,i know i joined in 2001 ,,it mighta been under a different login for a short bit if i rember correctly ;) (i woulda joined earlier than that*when HRD#1 came out*,but my dial up wouldnt stay logged in for more than 2 minutes),,but anyways, when i did join there where already at least 1800 members or so at the time,,

i wonder if Ryan will chime in on that (cuz i know i am not making this up,,)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  15. BELLM

BELLM

I got nothing to add but I keep getting this message that I haven't posted in a few weeks that suggests I take a moment to ask a question or help provide a solution or engage in a conversation so here I am!

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The modern HAMB is F A S T....

17. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

really,really fast.Thanks Ryan

18. silent rick

silent rick

i learned about the hamb from that issue too. i wish i would have joined back then instead of lurking, then joining. i came on in november 2002 after meeting a bunch of you guys at the first pileup. i'm member 1022. it would be cool to have a three digit number.
    how bout it mr peabody, can we set the wayback machine to 2001, no wait, 1940's first so i can pick up some cheap iron...

19. one37tudor

one37tudor

I wish I would of hit the join button either one second sooner or one second later?

Scott...

20. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

When I was in Nam I spent some quality time with a piar of sisters named Phuc-Mi and Phuc-Yu. They enjoyed my dinki-dau Hot Rod.

Ryan, Thanks for the great site. FASTER than a speeding bullet...:eek:

21. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I have been on here 6 years now #11274. People now are so ready to jump on you for "political incorrectness". My prior comment about Ryans fortunes is a prime example. I could give a shit how much he makes, and obviously he takes better care of himself than most of us do. Yet everyone seems ready to protect him, like HAMB auctions etc. The HAMB is Ryans business and its success is a result of his hard work.

22. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Case in point; the people that STILL don't get the "Ryan sucks" thing. :rolleyes:

23. ok how bout fun with member numbers...
    member 123456 = dave gray
    member 666 = maso
    member 777 = choprods
    member 123321 dcline
    member 111111 hotrodbuilder32
    member 101010 edwardsmotorsports
    ok im done lol

24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, I had to slow down the scroll speed on my mouse!:eek:

25. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

# 1243 here. 9 year annv being here was last week.

It was fun back then. You'd get your ass handed to ya for being a dipshit. now its all pc. But still best place to be, period.

I found the HAMB thru a link on a Kustom website, but cant recall what site it was now.

BTW, smoking fast now. I thought the commies took over when I couldnt log in all day.

haha
    Ryan Sucks

:D

26. Back when there were a couple of hundred guys (and Denise) I got the world's best dry rub recipe for BBQ ribs off the HAMB. I'll be forever grateful.

27. Deuces

Deuces

........:D;):D:rolleyes:

28. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! Sure is! Thanks buddy! :)

29. austinhunt

austinhunt

This new H.A.M.B. is faster

BUT....

Its like running a lopey cam with a potato in the end of your lake pipes... My internet is so slow I cant tell the difference =/

30. Rem

Rem

It hasn't been recently - at home in the evening especially (US office time I guess) - waiting for pages to load has been like being back in the '90s when I had dial-up. Luckily with 'tabs' I can view other forums while the page gets going. Fordbarn is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.