Register now to get rid of these ads!

ShoeCheroBox What was I thinking?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JF, Jan 31, 2012.

1. JF

JF
    from Utah

So I Picked this thing up last week (to save it from the scrapper) and Really just wanted a few misc parts from it. (radio, 3 speed OD trans, ??) Body looks a lot better in the pictures than it really is but still some pretty decent parts here. This 1949 Sedan (Rancher Edition ;) ) has the original and signed title from 1957 signed in the 70's) vin tag etc etc.

What other parts off this thing could be used for building a "Traditional Hotrod"

The 8BA flathead is froze up and I probably won't mess with it, but other than pulling the trans and radio I don't want to scrap anything that could be used later on by me or someone else.

I have a 28 Model A Roadster which I hope to start working on once I get my F-1 back together, any chassis and other parts off this shoebox worth keeping?? or anyone need anything off this one?

I'll probably post some items down the line in the classifieds but wanted to get some ideas on what I could possibly keep or use later on, the rest will be sold as I hate to see anything usable go to scrap.

Thanks for looking and your comments

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The grille is worth a couple hundred bucks.

3. Crankhole

Crankhole

Lots of good parts on that for someone builidng a shoebox....but for a hot rod? Maybe the dash, steering wheel, drivetrain, tail lights....

4. JF

JF
    from Utah

the right wing has a ding in it and the center bullet has a dent in it as well, figured at least parts of it would be usable? but not sure if the entire thing is great as an assembly.. it does have a pretty decent chrome finish still on it suprisingly.

5. JF

JF
    from Utah

Cool, Thanks. I do kinda like the dash and clock above the radio. steering wheel would be usable for sure.

I'll have to do some more research on the drivetrain for this.

6. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I would like to have the back window.

7. JF

JF
    from Utah

ok, I'll save it for you. oh wait! crap I can't find it now. it's gotta be around here somewhere.....:D

8. Garnish mouldings, doors and inner door mechanisms.Might be some good parts off the engine if you strip it. Radiator,etc. lots of parts to someone who has one,hood looks good.

9. Someone was looking roe a heater box dot too long ago

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hmmm....I have three.....

11. chopo

chopo

i would like some pieces off that car for my new shit box

12. JF

JF
    from Utah

The lambs wool seat cover and seat would be a plush addition! :)

13. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

Just part the shit out of it. There is a ton of good and useful parts there. Hood, fenders, doors, glass, trim, grille, inner fenders, dash, column, tail lights, chassis/suspension pieces, etc, etc. Tear it apart and scrap just the body hulk. You can make way more parting it out.

14. Flatheads gotta be worth something. Siezed up or not, as long as it isnt busted up. You would end up needing to rebuild it any ways.

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I need the chrome/stainless trim piece below the grille , that sits on the valance . What kinda shape is that in ??

16. JF

JF
    from Utah

Thanks for all the input, placed this over in the classifieds now as well.

17. Dibs on the trunk lid....

Bob

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

I would finish making a custom Ranchero out of it ...but I am somewhat strange lol!

19. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I'm with Koolkemp, it would make a really great custom ranchero.

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

how can a person look at that car and wonder if there is any parts people need?

I've parted 3 chevys from this era and when I was done I had nothing but rusty bent up junk for the scrap man. the only useable part I tossed was a frame I had outside and my landlord got on my case about it. I'm sure Fords are just as popular.

21. rrayne

rrayne

if nothing else you can leave it like it is, throw a 307 sbc in it, slap some steel wheels with painted whitewalls on it, call it a R#% R%& list it on #B@# and get about 8 grand out of it. it would work. or i see about $1200 worth of parts, cut it up part it out!

i promise you some where someone is looking for the front wheel openings so they can replace the rears with them. someone else would want the rear half to make a couch. if its not to rusty cut it out and sale it as a patch.

22. rrayne

rrayne

i better mention i would not do the first idea. so dont jump my ass guys. though i dont doubt it would sell, i was a joke. and i have a barn full of parts ill never use that i keep saying im going to sell. so i probably wouldnt do the second either. heck i just gave away some parts to a 19 year old girl. lol

just ideas like the man asked for.