Register now to get rid of these ads!

Altenator for flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60chev, Jan 31, 2012.

1. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

Hi there does someone make a bracket for a flat head dont no if i want to keep the genartor or put a altenator on it whats ya thoughts cheers

2. Ford Guy

Ford Guy

I took my original generator bracket and modified it to fit a one-wire GM alternator. Just remove the band and replace it with a longer one to fit around the alternator. Made mine out of thin stainless and fastened it with a rivet at the pivot end. Then doubled over the bolt end and drilled a hole to insert the bolt. Used a piece of 1/4" rubber under the alt. to set into the gap the generator mounted into. Worked great!

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Ran a generator on mine. Did it because a guy named Henry put one there decades ago.

4. rrthiv

rrthiv
    from S.E.Ohio

I put an Alan Grove bracket on dad's car,no grinding fit nice.One of Speedway's it say's you have to grind in the instructions?That's why i went with Alan Grove...

5. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

thanks for the help guys good to get good feed back hey flathead pete you still using the same gas they stuck in your car many moons ago or have ya up dated