Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me with a measurement '51 Ford F1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 45Shooter, Jan 31, 2012.

1. 45Shooter

45Shooter

Hey guys, need some help here. I need a measurement on the stock F1 rear leaf springs, center of eye to center of eye, and center of front eye to center of rear axle.

My truck had some different mounts welded in to locate the spring under the frame rail instead of outboard of the frame. He installed some monoleaf springs but they are way too stiff. Just trying to figure out if they are stock length so I can buy some multileafs in stock length or if I have to order some custom springs.

Hoping someone has a truck with no bed on it so they can do a quick measurement for me. Thanks a bunch. Stuart.

Pics here if you want to see the existing set up...no longer has the narrowed rear.
    http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x175/45Shooter/?start=60

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. northerndave

northerndave
    from Badger MN

I've got a 51 F1 yard ornament.

I'll check back later and if you don't have another answer yet I'll pull some tape measurements for you.

3. northerndave

northerndave
    from Badger MN

with bedsides/fenders on the frame (rotted bed floor) I'm getting 44.5" eye to eye and 22" from front eye to axle center (that one's an eyeballer but it sure looks like 22")

Hope that can help.

4. eltoolo

eltoolo

I got 44 3/8 from front greese zerk to rear zerk and about 23 front to center of axle that last one is hard to see also hope that helps..

5. northerndave

northerndave
    from Badger MN

my 44.5 was from front of front zerk to front of rear zerk. Since the rear is in a shackle I suppose it can varry depending on how flattened out the spring pack is.

6. 45Shooter

45Shooter

Thanks guys, that is exactly the info I needed. Looks like some custom springs are in my future, I have no idea what these springs are, the measures are 47 eye to eye and like 19 3/4 eye to axle.
    Gotta change them, this thing rides like crap, the monoleaf is over one inch thick, practically no flex at all.

Many thanks again. Stuart.