Register now to get rid of these ads!

My wife says the HAMB is like.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ausbuick, Jan 30, 2012.

1. I don't have a wife, but my 15 yr old daughters quote is,
    "Let me guess, you'll be on the H.A.M.B.?"

2. Yep,
    Last night I was told I spend too much time on the HAMB...

3. missedmyexit

missedmyexit

I thought the other night I heard a deep grumbling disapproving noise behind me, but I was just my stomach. I guess I was just hungry so off to the kitchen!

4. MrFalcon62

MrFalcon62

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I tell my wife that Pinterest is the chick HAMB!

5. 117harv

117harv

Here is an addition to the above mag cover except this is real. Can you magine printing this today:eek: Taken from elsewhere on the HAMB, double click to read.

My wife is the best and has NO problem with my time here or the countless parts stashed/laying around the living room, dining room, bed rooms..etc:)

Attached Files:

6. My wife use to say, as long as I'm on the HAMB I'm not spending $ on Projects. Then I bought a car from the HAMB classifieds. Now she dont say anything....

7. thats exactly how my girl treats me.......

But not my Wife :eek:

8. Mine now asks what I'm doing online "On hamb I reply" as she walks away because she knows if she stays around, Ill call her over about a hundred times in the next hour to show her things. somehow I have all the freedom I need when on here. HAHA

9. ausbuick

ausbuick

I guess that they must be all the same breed then, with 99% of us getting the same thing from our better halfs (haven't really worked out that bit)

10. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

You can say that again.......:)

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`ve never been on facebook ----My wifes never been on the HAMB, Works for us. Besides, I`ve heard facebook is gay.

12. "Doin' that crazy Hamb Jive"..........during a football game she typically runs the vacumn cleaner but while I am Hambing she really does not bother me as long as I am not buying........she does not understand the patina look.....if it is a red shiny street rod it grabs her interest:eek:........overall she is the best.:)

13. tbauer

tbauer

Just remind her you could be sitting in a tavern ! My wife doesnt mind it keeps me off eBay. I'll mention that naked trick to her.

14. My Girl likes the hamb....

15. BillyM

BillyM

My gf just teases me about it.....she likes it actually - for all the above mentioned reasons - it keeps me occupied and out of trouble!

I do like the naked idea though......it deserves mention!

16. jazz1

jazz1

HAMB is about a vast host of topics related to automobile..Facebook is about connecting with people looking for "some strange stuff" IMO

17. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

no wife,no problem

18. robber

robber

I don't get the attraction with Facebook. I've seen my wife use it and its like sharing meaningless stuff with others and then waiting on feedback or unqualified judgement from others. I don't get typing it when you can have a phone conversation with those who are close to you. I don't get texting when you can have a conversation in a fraction of the time. If God wanted me to type with my thumbs on the phone, I would still have a telegraph. All in all, I can do what I want when I want, but I don't abuse that freedom. My marriage is strong and I can give my wife that freedom too.
    The criticism that I have for Facebook could probably be used on me for the HAMB.
    Basically I have the freedom to enjoy my hobbies without criticism because she knows that it brings me happiness and helps me to keep my head screwed on straight. What the hek was the question again?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  19. ausbuick

ausbuick

So Wat your trying to say she is cool withe the HAMB!

20. robber

robber

Oh ya, thats it... My wife is cool with the HAMB :)

21. Original57

Original57

Hey, mine too. She loves all things car related. Oh, and (in her words) "the hot tattooed mexican boys".

Facebook..... we don't subscribe to that crap!

Did I mention she likes the hot tattooed mexican boys........

22. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

As if:D!

23. This comment is approved by pedobear:p

24. Bilt

Bilt

My wife told me it was her or the HAMB!! I'm going to miss her.
    But it is alot quieter around her now....as long as she doesn't ask for the lap top in the big D

25. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

My wife bought me the Alliance Membership.
    Sorry, no sisters.

26. My wife understands this is my outlet to keep in touch with some car guys being my 4 closest car guy friends all died within the last 6 months. :( She does have a knack of walking into the room when some thread I'm reading has a sexy girl showing in someones avatar. :eek:

27. davidh73750

davidh73750

this is funny reading this because my signature(below) has been this over 2 years.

28. grf-x

grf-x

I don't get a hard time for two reasons. First... because my wife know I learn a lot from this site. Second... I work in IT so it kinda comes with the territory.

On a different tone. This place is nothing like Facebook. No drama, no crying and whining, no back stabbing. This place is what Facebook wish it was... place of sharing and knowledge.

29. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Dont forget, no poking.. Well they may be a little of that, but I havent seen any ;)

30. My wife is offended at me, if I show on this site are not pictures of her. And offended if I show her pictures. ...))))) :p:eek: