Register now to get rid of these ads!

1964 caddy hood latch assistance please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Jan 30, 2012.

1. choptvan

choptvan

anyone have pix of what it should look like on the grille side? Not the hood? I have a 64 that seems to be missing parts from what I can tell and am looking into where the hood release comes through the grille, and what the lever is supposed to look like. Google only does so much. Thanks guys!

2. GravityFeed

GravityFeed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know if you need/want any other angles.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  3. choptvan

choptvan

Holy hell! Thanks a lot! I needed that. It made no sense at first. So it hides a bit. But how big is the gap in the grille you need to put your hand through?

4. GravityFeed

GravityFeed

When I first got mine, it took me stooping down and actually looking for the latch (and even after finding it, the latch wasn't easy to operate because of the tight space). I ended up lubricating everything and now it's easy to open with one finger (which is really all that will fit in the space).

5. choptvan

choptvan

Awesome. Thanks for the help. This will put the both the customer and I at ease. So many cars in the world, to hard to memorize all of this stuff for each car.