Register now to get rid of these ads!

WHO HAS the MOST INTAKES FOR SALE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskooljc, Jan 30, 2012.

1. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

I am sorry I am a hoarder but i am trying to quit. I have been collecting intakes and carbs for years. Seems as when i started out as a mechanic I didn't like getting dirty so i got into tune up and carb rebuilding. I went to the one big swap I attend each year and my buddy help me set up. He counted 66 manifolds when we set up by no means do I think I have the most because I have seen more. But lets see what you got.

Attached Files:

2. nickk

nickk

have any aluminum model A intakes?

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

4. There's a guy who sets up in Pomona that has a ton - couldn't say how many but it's got to be over 100 on display at any given time.

Steve

5. Oldhenry1

Oldhenry1

I have the same affliction. Almost all Ford Blue with one BBC rectangle port Edelbrock 2x4 Tunnel Ram(for sale).

6. 38zephyr

38zephyr

I think Intake Ed has the most . I'll get a few shots next time I see him setup .

7. How bout a nail head 4 barrel? I'll help ya downsize.

8. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

I to have seen the guy that attends Pomona I think this name is Mike nice guy we have have traded with each other before he is at Turlock most of the time but was not there this year. He is one of the reasons I know I don't have the biggest collection out there lol. looking forward to seeing Eds pictures. Oh buy the way those pictures were at the end of the week end and I also left 20 at home. jim

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  9. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

10. Cerberus

Cerberus

11. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

That is a good one. But my vote would have to be General Motors or Toyota. Wow that Flat head stuff is cool I need some wall space.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  12. EarlKann

EarlKann

Nice collection. Have seen the guy at pomona several times, but he never has any cool Mopar.

Got a Mopar Poly 3x2 in there anywhere?

13. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

Mopar and Nailhead & Olds Spoken Here sent you a pm I have two Mopars

14. Gigantor

Gigantor

How about Hudson big six intakes?

15. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

No no not to much 6 stuff guess I was always into V8s And have got Burned a few times on the 6 cylinder stuff kind of stay away from unless it is the popular stuff I can ID. Hay guys lets see some pictures I know some guys that got some neat stash. Loinel show us some of that Hemi stash. jim

16. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

THE Big Turlock swap is coming. If You have an intake you want me to take with me shoot me a price. thanks jim

17. Why does this thread appear like someone pushing their wares on the discussion board for more exposure???

18. Theres a coupla different vender guys who are regulars at Carlise that have a HUGE offering of intakes.

Dont have pics but I see them every year.

Oldmics

P.S.
    Is this a "mines bigger than yours" thread? :p

19. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :rolleyes:

20. F&J

F&J

No complaints from me. I really like to see old speed parts....Especially HUGE piles... I don't even care if they don't fit anything I own.;)

21. Deuces

Deuces

Think I've seen a Z/28-LT-1 intake in that second picture.... Or, are my eyes playin' tricks on me????....:confused:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  22. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

No not pushing my wares. If I have something you guys can use Lets trade. I also have lots and lots of carbs. and if a fellow Hamber is looking for a small that I have on a parts carb I will give it to him and usually pay the shipping. I just bought a Craiger 4X2 - 5X2 for a Olds From a fellow Hamber. I don't even own an Olds but it is cool. Guess I just like to say yea I owned one of those. But hay guys I am trying to Quit I used to own a lot more. Please don't judge me till you walk a mile in my shoes.Thanks for all the positive feed back and other pictures of other hoarders like my self. I am taking my camera to the next meet prove I am not the biggest hoarder. Some people collect base ball cards or stamps, some intakes or wheels ect. thanks jim

23. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I want to walk a mile in your shoes.. Just not carrying all of those manifolds!

24. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

I started out collecting aluminum intakes because I thought they were light weight. But now at my age I am thinking some cheap plastic Re pop toys. I guess I did that with out insulting the Japanese or the Chinese sorry if I did. jim

25. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Let me know if you have any desoto intakes. Nice collection

26. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There is a guy who sets up a booth at Turkey Run in Daytona every year and he has intakes I have never seen before. I love to brouse in there, they are just cool to look at.

Don

27. dtownmuscle

dtownmuscle
    from Michigan

Wow there sure is a lot of nice intakes there!

28. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

I don't know about total number but this fellow from Texas has about as many inline 6 intakes as anyone. If the old foggy brain remembers right I think he told me he brings about 15% of his stock to the swap meet.

Attached Files:

29. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

No complaints here either. Nice collection. As a mechanic I went the same route. I just didnt collect manifolds. Have any cast iron manifolds? Looking for a 'B' Yblock 4V.