Register now to get rid of these ads!

why is a '32 wishbone gold?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anteek, Jan 30, 2012.

1. anteek

anteek

I have a '32 wishbone that needs a new home. I was price shopping and saw them from 400 to a high of 600 on Fordbarn. What do they actually sell for? I don't want to give it away but don't want breed someone. what is fair going price?

2. oj

oj

That seems high to me, but they are longer than model 'a' bones to accomodate the length of a v8 engine.

3. RG49MERC

RG49MERC
    BANNED

32 ford stuff is always pricey..$400 seems about right for a un-split one..i have seen split ones go for way cheaper..

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yeah, you don't want to rip anyone off on that one. I know a kindly old man who would love to have that and will give you a shiny new $20 bill for it ! :D

Ok, nice try, I know. Yep, a good one will bring that kind of money.
    Don

5. I bought one at LA Roadsters Show last year for $175.00 if that helps .....

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Because of the magical number 32 ,,,But if there split there worth way less ....

7. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

Its tough to find one to use on a 32 frame with a 32 k-member. This drives up the price. Ive got 500+ for them. It is however hard to ship because it is too big for usps, and fex ex oversize fees are 75$

Rob

8. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

I will be happy to give it a new home!

9. Harms Way

Harms Way

One year only,... the longest of this style of bone, So many split or thrown out in the past in favor of Must II, Corvair, hair pins, or 4 bar. people jacking up the car by them bending them, They are what they are, and there worth what there worth.

When you sell yours, and someday you want to replace them,... what will they cost you then ?

10. It's funny how a lot of 'bones advertized as '32, turn out in reality to be something entirely different.

11. anteek

anteek

Rich B brings up a good point. how can I make absolutely sure it is '32? it's still on an axle,the spindles are mechanical brake but not A. what is a definative measurement or feature to go by? What separates it from '33-'34 bones? I'd love to score but not sell the wrong thing.

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

pics would help

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. anteek

anteek

3w Larry,if it is '32 and I sell it I'll buy a digital camera.

14. Larry T

Larry T

Because you can use them to extend Harley springers (yea, I'm being a smartass), but anything that's exclusive to 1932 is a least double what similar parts for other cars are. And they usually go up from there.
    Larry T

15. cracker head

cracker head

HAHAHA!! I cut up a chromeable one for my Bonneville car.:D

16. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

used one on my swampbuggy

17. This thread makes me sick. I gave away an axle and wishbone from my old 32 when I went to a dropped axle and hairpins. I guess thats why I hoard stuff now.....

18. badshifter

badshifter

As an added bummer, guys split the 32 bones a few inches short, and take 33/34 bones and weld them together to make the correct length for fake 32 bones. Be real careful if you see bones for sale that are freshly painted or sanded/ground near the ball end.
    Anyhow, I bought split 32's last year full length with tie rod ends(LARS) for 125., and saw un-split as low as 250.