Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1964 Falcon B/FX Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiveoh108, Nov 29, 2011.

1. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Love the Cragars. I finally got the rest of my grey centered S/S's this week....production date in December. I guess they did have to make them!

Attached Files:

2. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;after seeing the car and all the new parts it looks like you will get to know the bottom of that Falcon REAL well,real soon!! ROY.

3. Got the rear end off the the driveline shop to be shortened and the pinion center to be moved over to center it in the transmission tunnel. I also took the rear springs back out and pressured washed the underside of the car. Now time to prime and paint before the rear end gets back.

I also thought of a cool name. A peregrine falcon is one of the fastest birds which can reach speeds of 200mph while diving at prey. The common name for the peregrine falcon is "Duck Hawk" which I think would make a cool car name.

4. Wrenchbender:

That 5.4 with muffler tubing gets everybody going, freaks people out when they walk into the shop and see it sittin there!

It is a company out there that makes an injector set up for the 4.6/5.4 stuff. If you look up that altered wheelbase comet they built on "muscle car" the tv show, here's the link to the sight:

http://verycoolparts.com/Stack.htm

Fast Eddie

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  5. Dropped the Toploader off at Anaheim Gear this morning. They are going to put a big block 1 3/8 input and 31 spline mainshaft in it. They are also going to modify my small block clutch fork to fit the big block throw out bearing. I need to decide on a clutch now...

While the rear end and transmission are being worked on I started to mock the dodge A100 seats in, I am going to have to make some custom mounts, probably out of 1x1 square stock. The seat holes and factory falcon seat floor holes are off by a couple inches.

I also started some body work by stripping the paint on the passenger side. The donor door must have been painted a couple times, because it took a while to get through all the layers!!

I also got most of the underside painted and gas tank detailed, now more body work...ugghh.

Attached Files:

6. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

The build is looking like its really starting to gather some steam!! Whereabouts in SoCal are you?

Dale

7. I am in Camarillo 1 exit away from Roy!

8. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Loveing all these, I need to get back on mine, [​IMG]

9. 296 now that's a project !

10. Gas mask

Gas mask
    from Canada

Damn, wish I could do that sort of thing with my falcon. Subscribed.

11. 296moon:

Thinkin us Falcon Guys got some crazy projects going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see some more pics of the Truck!!!

Fast Eddie

12. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Fast eddie thanks for the info

13. Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  14. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;you will drive yourself crazy on color choices,I keep changing my mind on the color for the wagon.That color will also look good with your black interior.My vote is for the Praire Bronze,JMO!! ROY.

15. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;your hood showed up on here under " Cyclone hood on a Falcon" !!! ROY.

16. Roy that guy posted that same stuff on fordmuscleforums earlier, I cant wait for the hood to get here!

I got the car all down to metal!! A little patch work needed, but not too bad. The abrasive wheel in the picture below from Harbor Freight knocked the layers of paint and primer off in no time. Just keep it moving and stay away from hard body lines so they dont get sheared off! The face mask and ear protection are required for this messy and loud job. I am sure my neighbors are happy i am done paint stripping though. Took about 10 hours over 3 days, was not bad at all.

I think i am going to use PPG products and should get the car in DP90LF expoxy primer here in the next few days.. My first paint job..whats the wost I could do? :eek:

Attached Files:

17. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

I feel your pain with the mess and loud noise...i have been removing undercoating and paint on my falcon also..what a mess ! ..your build is coming long real nice,looks like you have a solid start with the body..i have a few small hales to take care of also in my floors...keep up the great work !

Rooster

18. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;looks like the disc did the job,and a lot cheaper that paying to have it stripped!!!We can give your neighbors more reason to bitch,I'll bring the Comet over,get Eric to bring the Falcon,John to bring his Falcon,drive them up,and park at your home!!!! I used to try to be a quiet neighbor,then a guy up the street got a Harley with straight pipes,took the pressure off of me!!!! It is great to see all the 64/65 Falcons being built,quite a diverse build pattern amongst everyone,KOOL!!!!! ROY.

19. 65COMET

65COMET

296moon;where have you been? Have you done anymore work on the Ranchero? ROY.

20. U should all come over, I would love to see all the cars it really gives me direction when I see all the cool things different guys have done to thier cars, we should start a Saturday morning breakfast I can take the mach1 for now!

21. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;GREAT idea! We just need to keep it informal!!!! ROY.

22. Picked up my Toploader today, I had the big block 1 3/8 input shaft and 31 spline output shaft installed. They had to bore the tail housing for the larger mainshaft. I thought about going the Liberty route to have it pro shifted, but decided i would see what type of damage i can do to the brass blocking rings LOL! Now i just need to modify a small block clutch fork to fit a big block throwout bearing!

Attached Files:

23. spiertb

spiertb

Why don't you just buy the clutch fork for the big input? They're available from lots of suppliers. Syl

24. The big block clutch fork is about 3 inches longer than the small block one. I need the length of the small block one with the larger spread on the forks of the big block one. If you know where I can get one already made like this let me know then I would not have to modify mine

Thanks
    Mike

25. spike427

spike427
    BANNED
    from Kentucky

...Do you know the guy you got the 4 speed from as I want to know what the part number was for the tailshaft seal since he bored the tailshaft for the 31 spline output?The stock one doesn't fit the 31 spline shaft...Thanks

26. it is my toploader, i just had it rebuilt at Anaheim Gear, in Anaheim Ca. You can give them a call and find out. Liberty Transmissions also will bore the tailshafts and may know.

Mike

27. UPDATE:
    I got my new comet style dual snorkle hood. I think it is really cool. At first it did not fit super great, but i shimmed the drivers side top hood hinge to the body hole about 1/4, it moved everything over to where it needed to be. The hood is slightly twisted so the drivers side sits a little bit higher at the front than the passenger side. After installing the hood pins, they hold the hood in place and you cant tell its higher on one side anymore.

I also made metal covers per-se to go over the stock seat brackets and extend them 3 inches to fit the a100 seats. I need need to borrow a drill press to pop some holes in the new extention brackets, then i should be good to go.

Attached Files:

28. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;bring them by the house,drill press is always ready !!! ROY.

29. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;just talked to Eric,looks like he will be racing the Ranchero at the MM! Told him about your progress on the Falcon. I hope your little one is doing better!! ROY.

30. Cool tell him I'm still keeping his bumper lol. Amoxicillin does wonders for pneumonia. I had to order a new bellhousing as the one on my engine had been modified to fit a hydraulic clutch. Two of the mounting holes need to be sfi certified were cut out. I didn't see this until I got the bellhousing off. Also the surface of my clutch disc is toast, so I ordered a new clutch, pp and throw out bearing. This racecar thing is not cheap!