Register now to get rid of these ads!

1964 Plymouth Fury... desirable car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrioxinKustoms, Jan 27, 2012.

1. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Yeah, I think I know my answer. I'll get some pics posted up as soon as I get over there. Thanks for all the help guys.

2. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

but the apostiles drove Hondas, as they came of their own ACCORD.

3. You know you're doing something right if you have someone pissed at you for daring to try to make some money. I don't see them offering to pay for your bills, though.

The value guide says you should be able to flip it for anywhere from 3 to 6 times your investment, depending on which Fury model, how it's optioned, exactly how nice it is, and so on. That assumes that like you said, it's decent enough that cleaned up and drivable you could take it to a car show and show it.

4. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Most B Body Mopars of this era suffered rust in the lower skirt panels of the front fenders, the lower quarters and floor areas. Pay special attention to the underbody where the torsion bars and mounts spot weld to the floor pan. Look over where the trunk pan and rear areas of the frame are spot welded together.

Don't expect to find trim pieces or even clean sheetmetal for one of these in WV, hell, here in California where everything hasn't rotted and returned to the earth, 60's Mopar parts don't grow on trees, Its' not a damed Chevrolet:p

I'd still take a well rotted Mopar from this era over the crap GM built in the 60's, and demand is up for this era Mopar over say 20-25 years ago;)

" Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There is nothing wrong about buying something and flipping it if you have the chance. Regardless of what anyone says, any of us would jump at the chance to pick that Mopar up for $ 1500 and if we could feed our family we wouldn't think twice about cleaning it up and trying to resell it, if we didn't need it or if it could benefit our family finances. I always laugh when I see someone being taken to task for scoring a good deal and I bet the people bitching would be doing a dance if it were them getting a good deal. :rolleyes:

And yes, 64 Furys are super super cool cars.

Don

6. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

I personally prefer the Belvedere out of them all, but all the 64 models are nice in my opinion.... Would make a nice daily driver if it's solid...

7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

My first Mopar was a 64 Sport Fury with a 361 and a 4-speed. Hooked on them ever since.As stated watch the floor rust.The 62-64 mopar or no car website will be a great choice to find parts or sell the car.
    If you can 2-3 times the money good for you.Just dont be in a hurry...you might just like the car enough to join the Mopar fraternity.

8. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

the more I look at them on youtube the more I start to like it...

9. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

I love the 64s ... Those old 383s will sure make that drive shaft Humm ...

10. He "owns a car lot"..hmm, now I am skeptical. Anyone who deals in cars for a living, knows values of cars (regardless where his taste lies), look this one over good, and his paperwork. Sometimes when it seems too good to be true, it is. The price is a steal, if it is legitimate. Good luck.

11. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I'm with VonRigg. :cool: And the interloper won't insist that the seller accept MORE than the price he's asking. :rolleyes: Let's be real.

12. dmw56

dmw56

I passed on one about 5 years ago and still regret it. :mad: Red with a white top, buckets, console. Had a dent in the drivers door was why I didn't buy it. It too was $1500.

Bought a Chevelle instead. :confused:

13. [​IMG]
    Big-block, too....:D

If it's not a rusted hulk, $1500 is a good price. Ignore the haters...people buy and sell cars all the time, and we like to make money once in awhile. Just don't expect a fortune from it.

14. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I wouldnt expect to get rich, if I doubled my money I'd feel good. Its all about money for my daughter.. anything I make on it will go into savings for my family.

My dad bet me that once I drove it I'd never wanna sell it.

Its an automatic with a floor shift and a tachometer built into the floor console. Survivor car it seems to him.

15. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

BUMMER!!!!

its a 65 sport fury. boo!

paints a little faded and there's a small rip in the drivers seat.. leather interior, tach on the floor console... neat car, but not a 64! Damn...
    pics soon.

16. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'd still pop on it. There was a red 65 at a show we went to yesterday with a hemi and skinny American Torque Thrusts on the front and fat ones on the back. It was bitchin'.

Yours looks pretty solid and all that trim is available.

Don

18. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

yeah, I might still scoop it up..

19. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

Yep it is a '65 and in spite of that iIMHO it is certainly worth the price unless underneath is all eaten by NE cancer! my first new car oredered 383 w/ 4 spd and sure grip. fury with bench seat so my rider would be closer! it would haul ass!

20. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Well, I'm working in Pennsylvania at the moment, and if you don't want it, I do!

21. I'd jump on it! The '65 and '66 Sport Furys have a great following, everything mechanical is still available, and they are a nice-looking C-body car.

I've owned three. One was a '66 Poly 318 car, the other two were 383 automatics. All three were two-door hardtops.

You have the advantage of NOT having to scrounge the anodized aluminum side trim the '66 cars had. For the money, assuming the floors are good, I'd be all over it.

22. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Hell yes! Buy it!

Attached Files:

23. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

judging by the door gaps and the rockers, and the fact that the carpet looks nice and was original.. I'd say that theres a 90% chance the floors are good. I diddnt get inside or pop the hood because the owner wasnt around.. I dont like to be disrespectful of other peoples stuff.

24. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be jumpin' on that '65 like a chicken on a june bug. It's definitely one you can make some money on at that price.

25. madgrinder

madgrinder

I'll do $2,500 if I can drive it home.

See... you already can make a Grand, having done nothing else.

26. C bodies are big, heavy and awesome drivers!!! Especially with big block power, they will eat the road up like nothing else. Gas mileage, well, if you have to ask . . . and you can put 4 of your buddies inside with you and like 6 more in the trunk and hit the drive in!

Yes, the 64 (b-body) was a much more desirable car, but that 65 looks pretty clean in the pics, and for the money, it would be a great driver.

If you look at the back of the hood ornament you will see the C.I.D of the engine - I would guess 383.

27. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I took my driver's test in one of those. First time I had ever driven it, as it belonged to my uncle's dealership and my mom's car was in the shop. Parallel parked that sucker like it was VW. No problem. Cool car with a nice exhaust note. :)

28. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I guess I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I'll post more pics when I get it.

29. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Good for you, man! Lookin' forward to the pix! Thanks!

30. Pick it up and make it a gasser! Thats the route i would take.