Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GNRS - Congrats to El Jefe, Keith Tardel, Norm, & Vernon McKean...1st place in class

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Randy P, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Randy P

Randy P
    from Austin, TX

Job well done, congratulations to everyone involved in the build of this beauty...it was a hit when it debuted at the Revolution a few months ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. Congrats guys. Looked great. That room full of Gassers and Rails had my head spinnin!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's kinda my favorite "hot rod" to come out this year. So awesome and I'm very thankful someone El Jefe commissioned it's build because it just as much as 32 coupes and roadsters are a part of the history of our obsession. Good to see them keeping it alive!

Congrats.

4. texastramp

texastramp

You are so right about it being a major part of the History of our obsessions .... Way to go guys!!!

5. Now that is what it was like at the early dragstrips. Beautiful build. Someday i am going to make it out to the west coast and go to the GNRS like all the grownups.

6. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Don't forget Vernon McKean who masterly trimmed the seat period perfect(this guy was upholstering dragsters back in the early 60's) and David at Cen-Tex Plating for the bright work and Wade at Buffy's for doing a great job on polishing the magnesium wheels and Darren Wenzel and his paint brush for all the killer lettering and Jeff Norwell for his art design of the 111 logo, Cody at Hurst Tire and I know I am forgetting a few. This was a collaboration of a bunch of talented folks most of all who are my good friends and have schooled me along the way. It was a blast putting this car together and having my buddies involved and am stoked for them to receive this recognition. For me, getting to hang out w/ them the last year while we put this together, was my award. Congrats to all of you for finishing 1st in class.

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Congrats guys! That is a beautiful piece of machinery.

8. onedge

onedge

It is a dandy. Congrats.