Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 Sedan build... previously roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Minewithnoshine, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Thanks guys! The 5W will be the next in line after this one.

2. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

3. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Got a nice package in the mail today from the guys at the Rolling Bones. They finished up the sector shaft mod on my steering box and it's ready to go, now I can get rolling on the steering setup. NOW, I'm having mixed feelings about using the sedan body or the 5W body. My frame is stretched 2" and with the sedan body, the front looks long. I did a few photochops of it, and it looks good, but at the same time it looks off. We'll see what I can figure out. Here's a few shots of the box.

I switched up my photo hosting since the last pictures were coming out looking like shit, hopefully these can show more crispness and detail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Lookin' good....Im highly in favor of your planned chop as well.

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Nice cdan. Too nice to put on the wrong chassis. If it's too long, shorten it or replace it before you're committed. The 5" / 5.5" chop is perfect. Needs to be shiny though!

6. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Going Cordoba Gray lacquer with a 1955 shine to it

7. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Matt, any progress with the sedan.. We have crossed path's a bunch, same shows, know the same people, just never met.. I will keep my eye out for ya this year.... The sedan looks killer... That is one nice body... I wish I had some space so i could get rolling on my 31

8. Just found this thread. Chop it!!!! I don't think a 2" stretch on the hood will look bad,maybe BADASS!!
    You sold the 5W didn't you?

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I done lots of deuces with a 1 to 2 inch stretch and I feel it balances out the proportions of the car. Wait until The Wild Turkey posts pictures of the deuce RPU/ lakester I started and sold, 4 inch stretch with a 2 inch rear bob. Your steering looks bitchin. CHOP IT!

10. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Well, I sold the 5W, going to Sweden to a fellow HAMB'r, the hemi is being dynoed early next week, it's totally finished now, and I need to get the rulers out to lay out the chop on this sucker. Time to really get the ball rolling!

11. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Great thread, take 3 inches off the top......

12. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Been making some great progress. The machine shop is all finished with the engine, just in the process of tuning it now, here's the thread with the build and a few videos on the dyno:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601899

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6uKSmUA88Jc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's been 2 years in the making and it's finally come to life, it's an exciting time.

I finally started the chop on the body tonight. I braced the body and removed all the wood, correctly, in order to chop it and make sure it goes back together the right way. I did a 4 1/2" chop on rear and tapering to a 5" up front, it looks right in my opinion. The whole process was measure 10 ten times, cut once. I'm happy with how the cut lines came out. The pictures are just a matter of setting the roof on top, no aligning or filing, this was as soon at it was cut. The front pillars are getting leaned back to match as well. I'm happy with how it's coming out so far. On to the pictures.

Oh and no the wheel is not going to sit that far in the wheel well. I have another set of axles that space them out an inch on each side.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, my camera is MIA so these are from my phone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Looks like you are doing a great job and put a lot of thought into everything! You should have a really "Bonesque" car when it's done.

14. sololobo

sololobo

What cool stuff, thanx for sharing. Hot rodding is alive and VERY well! ~sololobo~

15. That thing is going to rule!

16. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That thing looks killer!!! All top notch stuff there from the engine, quickie and chassis to the mint body and execution! Awesome!

18. knotttty

knotttty

I have to agree.... awesome looking car...... love the fact you went with the 2 dr..also...cant wait to see more.....

Roy

19. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Thanks fellas, more progress and pics coming today!

20. brady1929

brady1929

i love it and wish it were mine

21. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I think the chop and the extra 2" is gonna look bitchin'!

22. 117harv

117harv

I don't know how i missed this thread? I have viewed all the pics carefully....now i need a cigarette:D

23. man what a difference!!!! time to change your profile picture

24. marioD

marioD

cool proportions!

Mario

25. uncle buck

uncle buck

Looks good. With my being familiar with the body and condition it was in, I want you to know , It definately took BIG balls to cut it like you have. I am glad to see it survived the journey cross country undamaged. With the cool collection of parts you have gathered it should be a great car. I look forward to the build pics. Keep em coming.

26. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Cut up the best and restore the rest!

27. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

LONG delay in the build. I moved everything to my house until the new shop is ready March 1st. Been chipping away at getting all the metal work finished up. I had the lead work all roughed in and chop finished up by the Rolling Bones guys when I lost my shop. I metal worked a lot of the chop after I got it back and cleaned up the body lines with a lot of hand filing, hammering, and sanding. I wanted to do it all the chop myself, but lack of place dampened my plans so they helped a lot by welding it all up and leading where needed. It's just about ready for a skim coat and prime.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. F&J

F&J

no more excuses.....:) ...we want build threads...please?...

29. Damn, this is a great looking build. I almost bought the chassis (from gearheadbill) that this body was sitting on. Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger and buying it.

Glad to see some progress.