Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ansen Swing w/ Hydroboost

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47Ford - 1.5Ton, Nov 24, 2011.

1. 47Ford - 1.5Ton

47Ford - 1.5Ton

Anyone have any pictures of ansen firewall swing mount dual pedals running hydroboost? I'm thinking that a dual swing pedal assembly simply won't have the pedals seperated far enough away from each other that the hydroboost will be able to mount up without interfering with the clutch pedal linkage and/or cluctch master cylinder mounting......

Ideas?

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

He are dimensions if that helps. I'm installing a similar CPP setup with hydroboost.

Attached Files:

3. 47Ford - 1.5Ton

47Ford - 1.5Ton

Your bring in all that hot high pressure hydraulic fluid in the cab with the 90* under dash vs. in the engine compartment?

Going to have bulkhead fittings on the hydraulic lines through the firewall as well?

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Definitely running HP line with bulkhead fittings as well as external P/S cooler. Also running HP flex lines at bulkhead with crimped fittings to hard lines in engine compartment. I just want an OEM firewall with all original pressings and decent brakes with a suspended pedal and no master cylinder or booster showing. I could have run a vacuum boosted master cylinder however my '46 Olds is a big heavy car and with a stout 383 I want to be able to stop it. Decent insulation will be installed. I don't want 'Through the floor pedals' like my '35 Chevy. Not traditional but safety is paramount to me. Ozzie regulations are a lot more stringent as we need to pass engineering inspections.

5. 47Ford - 1.5Ton

47Ford - 1.5Ton

Shame thats not here in the US..... the rodent rod hobby would near cease to exist......

I'm going to try to throw mine in the engine bay for now..... but that 90* swing sure has got me thinking....

6. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am surprised your Ozzie regs would allow high pressure p/s plumbing in the cabin! There's nothing wrong with a Hydroboost system, as I've worked with them for over 30 years, but they don't belong under the dash. You would be much better off with a simpler, safer and lower cost vacuum-assisted system under the dash. Properly designed vac assisted boosters stop much larger/heavier vehicles than your '46 Olds. IMO :)

7. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa