Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT/ What's going to happen to the bike scene?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony Bones, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Germ

Germ

fags are going to ruin it with RAT RODS, and the JAPS are going to suck out its blood....

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sulli rules.

I want a '70 Kawasaki H1. I want to feel like I could die at any second.

3. OutLaw

OutLaw

I have a 75 Honda Cb200t that is all cafed out. If I could post a picture I would.

4. disastron13

disastron13

I had a cafe CB 200 with 750 hydraulic disc and big carbs, what a blast.
    My wife and I weighed about 300 pounds together, with leathers etc, we would get that little revvin bike up to 68...69...70...71...
    With low clip-ons and and all...
    But if we unzipped our jackets and sat up straight, back to 60 mph
    No apparent red line, just revved for ever

5. OutLaw

OutLaw

Mine has clubman bars and a English made Sparto.

6. Spike!

Spike!

What did Cole Foster say in the Mad Fab DVD? Bullwinkle bikes? I laughed my ass off at that one. How true is that?

Spike

7. 55olds88

55olds88

[ QUOTE ]
    Screw choppers...I'm gonna build me a replica of The Toecutter's bike... [​IMG]

Bad ass KZ1000 with the mini bullet fairing...mismatched paint, four into one header, bigger carbs and cams...a two wheeled tire shredding hot rod!

[​IMG]

"Bubba Zanetti has it on good autority that The Teutuls come from the Bronze...full of treachery. The Bronze...kill our pride!!!"

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha, Mad Max rocks, I still fancy owning a z900 or even a GS1000 as they were the bikes back then, I was thinkingthat was actually the Goose's bike on your avatar.

8. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

Yamaha RD's are what I want several of...

9. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

[ QUOTE ]
    I was thinkingthat was actually the Goose's bike on your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sho nuff IS!!! [​IMG]

10. I'm sure Chica would agree. I thought you were dead.

[ QUOTE ]
    fags are going to ruin it with RAT RODS, and the JAPS are going to suck out its blood....

[/ QUOTE ]

11. hatch

hatch
    from house

Bike scene....hopefully it will end and I can go back to being abnormal by riding a bike....normal sucks.

12. glassguy

glassguy

maybe ill sell this one to my lawyer and take the rest of the summer off

13. [ QUOTE ]
    Yamaha RD's are what I want several of...

[/ QUOTE ]

HERE! HERE!

WOW- good job on thsoe CBs Sulli.
    those bikes are great cause you can invest style into them and they're cheap. since when is affordability uncool?
    i totally dis-agree with all these japanese-bike bashers that talk down CBs
    fuck- you can build a cool bike like that for less $ then building a vespa.....

14. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

------------> WORD <-----------

15. Agrv8r

Agrv8r

What it boils down to is that those who love bikes and the wind will keep on keeping on. We'll keep riding and visiting the shops that we've gone to for years and have done right by us.....long after the Discovery Channel Generation is long gone. I can appreciate some of the ingenuitiy, technology and fabrication but if it's not a bike I can ride daily, I wouldn't take it home.

Maybe the motorcycle revolution of garage trophies will pass...or maybe it won't. Maybe it'll get people more aware on the roads of motorcycles...but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one either. Nonetheless, I won't concern myself with it too much. I don't have the pocketbook nor the time to waste on that nonsense. Too busy riding the bike or tinkering on the Impala to care. Live and let live though.

16. crow

crow

One fer the Hack...

[​IMG]
    ...from Madison, Wiskyonsin.

And one fer Nads...

[​IMG]
    ...me and my bro built this.

I live fer the H1 Nads, buddy, gotta pile of 'em and I'm bobbing one as we speak, making a "traditional" styled nasty nasty drag bike complete with mustang tank, bobbed ass and blue-smoke spitting demoralizing chainsaw death-yodel. RUBs beware! And don't EVER feed my chicken, she'll peck yer head to a nub!

17. GENERATORSHOVEL

GENERATORSHOVEL

Funny, choppers are built not bought. Bobbers are bobbed not a bike with a whitewall tire on a red rim. People that thought they bought a "chopper" last year are mounting whitewalls this year and calling it a bobber. It's as bad as rockabilly, large cuffs, and the PBR craze. It's not that I don't like people, I just like em better when they're not around.

18. GENERATORSHOVEL

GENERATORSHOVEL

Everything comes back in style, as we see here, The Rocker inavasion is next. (hell some mags say that pro-street is coming back, never really left if you look around) But, like "choppers" cafe bikes never really left, they just weren't cool to the masses. The people who actually build and ride bikes with kickstarters don't care about the scene, They will still be riding when the "scene is played out" and you move on to the next ego crutch/penis extension.

19. Conder

Conder

It ain't goin' nowhere. None of you ride as much as you say you do. You hate everybody until you meet 'em in person. You're too chicken to put a fat tire on your bike because the Sinners will think you're lame. You're blowin' all your time and money on diecast toys, cable, video games, crank and weed so you don't develop painting/welding/design skills or have the scratch to pay someone to build the "ultimate" anything.

Believe this...You'd sit down and have a beer with "American Chopper Sr. and Jr." and die laughing at their stories of nice folks paying them big bucks to build bikes and bitch at each other. Pretty much ANYBODY who works at West Coast Choppers WILL actually punch you in the mouth, and the japanese enjoy all of it more than you do and don't give a FUCK if they look silly. There's a crazy european who loves old harley shit so much he started a FOUNDRY to cast his own engine cases. Home Depot will be opening a chopper section (aisle 243) because Billy Lane used a couple faucet handles and some copperline on his bike like 50 years ago, which is GREAT because their hours are better than bike shops. The discovery channel gets cooler every year because NOW they'll actually try and KILL you with your own T.V. show.

All you have to do anywhere in the world to be a "REAL BIKER" is own a motorcycle and ride the fucking thing. I mean fuck those posers who work to build and run businesses creating the shit! Ride ride ride live to ride knees in the breeze leg wettin' smokey etc....

Bad taste can't kill it, or Yuppies at Starbucks or white guy blues or Ralph Nader or Jesse James or Arlen Ness or Corie Haim. The whole thing is brimming with wackjobs and fruitcakes and that beats 2 million flat black bobbers anyday.

20. bigaadams

bigaadams
    from Georgia

Ramens always taste better if you shoot them just before sun up...!

21. TNsportster

TNsportster

22. autocol

autocol

hot rods, bikes, haircuts, pants, rock bands, skateboards, etc etc etc.

everyone seems to think they were *into* something LOOOOONG before everyone ELSE was! um... fella's, you didn't invent motorbikes. the world has seen about a hundred truly inspired people, and i'm afraid you and i alike are just a bunch of sheep.

we all want to feel like we created our own style but we didn't. it's borrowed, stolen, mixed and matched, influenced-by and influenc-ing the styles of others. EVERYBODY thinks their style is the best one, that others would be jealous of the things they have, the clothes they wear, and the haircut hiding the deluded dome that thinks they are an individual.

you're born into a world where so much has been invented, by so many that much more talented than you or me that the window of true innovation has become a very small one for all but the most talented. the bandwagon was built long ago, and unfortunately for your own ego you can't decry those that jumped on it with you...

i just hope that when yo-yo's come back, brootal makes an earnest post, proclaiming all those that have "jumped on the bandwagon" to be try-hard posers that won't be INTO yo-yo's next year when totem tennis is back in...

i hope to be wearing this same, early 90's skate clothing well into my seventies, for it means i will have been cool three times.

23. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

Let's face it the same things is happening to the hot rod scene, too. The answer - a whole bunch of really cheap cars and bikes flooding the market for us to snatch up and make right again. Behold, for life goes in a circle.

Well hopefully......

24. Muttley

Muttley

That'll happen about 5 minutes after I die.:rolleyes:

25. The more crap that gets turned out, the easier it is to tell who the hardcore lifestylers are.

26. repoguy

repoguy

A few years ago, before Discovery Channel mania, I was at the Daytona bike fest and was thinking to myself "wow, things couldn't get much nuttier around here".

A few minutes later some dude rolls up on a fat tire bike wearing a feathered fedora, a sequined vest, pink chaps & thong, carrying a pistol handled dildo that he had holstered in an old west style gun belt (really).

My point?

Uhh, good question.

But he was hardcore BRO!

27. axle

axle
    from Drag City

well put hudsoncustom!

28. HELLMET

HELLMET

the old ones will rule again choco tacos and oil stained motel carpet.and naked javares . cole, rico, jason, dave, vince . Rulers . Germ i miss you call me or e mail me number is still the same . yllib