Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dash gauges Question?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1933BOB, Jan 26, 2012.

1. 1933BOB

1933BOB

I am trying to find gauges for my project and would like to not cut up the dash, It's a 35 Dodge and has three 3" openings. so far I can't find any 3" and it would be nice to have two half and half gauges and a speedo. Anybody have any ideas??????

2. Cerberus

Cerberus

If the dash area is flat where the three 3" openings are: make a poster board template of the dash shape and location of the 3" openings, make a steel panel the same shape, use a 2 5/8" hole saw to make the three gauge holes on center of the three existing openings, glue/fasten the panel to the dash, install gauges. Check with Classic Instruments for similar 2 5/8" gauge face. Panel can be made of other materials like brass, SS, wood, aluminum, etc. May the creative force be with you.

3. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

4. Use 2-5/8 gauges and make some neat aluminum trim rings

5. jarhead

jarhead

I did this to my 37 chevy pickup. The original gauges were shot. I welded up the three gauge holes and went with five....just got to change two smaller gauges with different ones ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MORRISGAUGE

MORRISGAUGE

You can restore your originals and have them set up for a modern power train. I know we've done the 35-36 Dodge truck set to higher values before.

7. 1933BOB

1933BOB

Thank You for your input! I should have added a pic, but off to the Tulock swap so I will check back on Sunday. Does any company out there make a 2 5/8" duel gauge 2 in 1?

8. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

This set has 3 each 3-3/8 you might be able to mount them from the rear, just showing the dial
    Mark

Attached Files: