Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway axle kits / what do you guys think

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HILLBILLY HOT RODS, Jan 24, 2012.

1. HILLBILLY HOT RODS

HILLBILLY HOT RODS

I was lookinhg at the speedway axle kits , what do you guys think about these kits , are they good or a headache .

I see alot of rodders using speedway stuff i'm guessing they have a good product but would loke to here from some of you guy's on here.

I'm going to go see a friend of mine John Fawcett tomorrow to see if he has any axles and spindles kicking around the barn and if he dosen't i will order from speedway .

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can do better cheaper. Buy a dropped I beam axle and use split wishbones or weld up a set of hair pins. As far as spindles go, that depends on what you want to use for brakes and what not. I'm sure you can get what you need used right here on the HAMB.

3. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Is the axle for your 46 truck? If it is contack vintage sids and have it droped - use the stock brakes or put on a disc brake kit - a 46 is parell leaf front right?

4. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

if you are talking about the drop I beam/split wishbone front end kit.....
    ive bought one, it consisited of a superbell axle,many mr. roadster parts,and speedway brand parts aswell..
    at the time when i bought the kit, i didnt have any spare wishbones or anything laying around, so by the time ,when adding up the lil pieces it was justified to myself.
    no complaints other than the spring they send as part of that kit sits a lil high.

5. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

You can do better... search around your area and then some... I 34 axle with wishbones steering spring, complete all old skool chrome for 250 came off a rod built in the 60s so this stuff can be found... and a chrome 8" ford axle. haha.

6. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I have used them on three roadsters and been happy with them.

7. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

Hillbilly you need a bigger avatar :) def looks like shes built for speed

8. I have no problem with Speedway front end stuff, but you can get a better price as mentioned.

9. Have used three of them in the past with no problems...

10. HILLBILLY HOT RODS

HILLBILLY HOT RODS

I'm looking to buy a - 33-36 - I beam axle and some Spindles 37-41 and up.
    I put up an ad in the wanted section so if you could post there or shoot me a pm

I am located in canada

Thanks Mike

11. kingpins

kingpins

bought several set ups along with there disc kits they offer. very very good front end and brakes. they are pricey but in the end its great stuff. i use there tube axle for low fender cars and the super bell I-beam for open cars. but finding the real things are way cheaper and look better

12. afaulk

afaulk

Hillbilly i'd like to have one of those (your avatar) but would probably hurt myself!

13. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I never had any complaints with Speedway stuff.

14. I have used there stuff on several projects. Convenience versus price. also tech stuff.

15. lesabre59

lesabre59

Superbell i beam axle, 4 bar kit an panhard bar all worked great for me, wasnt impressed with the carerra coilover shocks, the base of one snapped after a couple years

16. HILLBILLY HOT RODS

HILLBILLY HOT RODS

LMAO guys , she is built for speed i have a hard time keeping up with here and we have been married for 25 yrs , never a dull moment LOL

17. Look at chassis engineering too ( aka CE)

I think the CE is the best repo axle. It's forged.

Some repos are cast or ductile iron.

18. Master of None

Master of None

Running one on the front of my 34(super bell I-beam), haven't had a problem yet. All new parts shipped to your door, and if it isn't right they take it back, cant beat it.I'd check the garage sale section on line, sometimes they have some good deals there.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  19. stumpy142

stumpy142

Speedway axles will bend very easy. I bent three of them before going to a chrome moly unit.

stumpy142

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

NEVER heard that before. Why would you buy 3.:confused: One would have been enough for me.

21. Master of None

Master of None

How much does your car weigh? It says in the fine print not for vehicles over 2000lbs.

22. stumpy142

stumpy142

I only bought one axle. The first one came with the car, I bought the second and bent it had it straightened and bent it again. I now use a chrome moly axle.

Stumpy142

23. stumpy142

stumpy142

I can find no fine print on p/n 910-325125 in the Speedway catalog.

Stumpy142

24. stevorunner

stevorunner

i have not used any of there stuff but Lucky 7 is in Ontario