Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rise from the Ash and kick some A.S.S. :-) Update from TUCK-----> Check it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Jan 23, 2012.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

Man Tuck... you're coming back with a vengeance!! Great to see things are picking up for you!

2. daddio211

daddio211

I've spent some time there on both sides. I'd want to be from the Missouri side too! :)

Met some real nice hot rodders around there, was invited to a cruise or two and even a BBQ.

3. Glad to hear you are back up and running and not sleeping thinking about all of the cool stuff that's going down - keep on truckin', man, and like some have said, stuff happens for a reason adn it's getting better every day for ya!

4. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I need to locate a 59 to 64 Olds rear... I'm not sure if my housing is straight anymore. If it is then I just need axles and a center- but I'm sure its easier to find the whole thing. If anyone close has a line on one let me know. I'm not too worried about the gears at this point... I can sort that out later.

I had a set of 3.48's before and I figured that would be about perfect!

Anyone know if you get gears re-hardened? I'm assuming yes- just dunno if anyones had experience or if its even worth it-

The 4 mags I have are small bolt ford- My old hubs were drilled for chevy- so I guess I'm gonna have to start all over and find some 48 car hubs and buick drums. I have a line on two drums from my buddy keith- just need a couple more for the back-

If anyone has an F-1 column local they'll sell PM me- I think my box has had it-

I had a 58 wheel before... but I guess this 59 is fine!!! :)

ok back to work on art!

Tuck

Attached Files:

5. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I live in Minnesota but the first time bleed came to visit- he got to st. paul... started to drive north... and kept driving... and driving... and called me and was like WHERE THE HELL DO YOU LIVE CANADA?? so we just coined it Kanada... not to be confused with Canada proper. Kanada is anything north of St. Paul and south of Canada. haha...

russellmn likes this.
  6. havi

havi

I've got a line on another F1 for parts, as soon as I know more, we can figure out the column. Any pics of the mags?

7. That's so cool that you got another set of slicks! I know we talked about it but I can't remember, is the X-member that you whittled down to fit in that frame salvageable?

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I've got a set of '46-'48 Ford hubs that are yours if you want them.

PM me if you do.

iPhone - TJJ app

9. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Just re-read your post. Did you mean Chevy hubs?

iPhone - TJJ app

10. I have a 63 Olds rear available if you are interested.

11. Why? I already have a welder! ;)

12. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

nope ford hubs! I just had the other ones drilled for chevy- you need a set drilled for chev?

13. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

that pic with the new tires in wrapping and the mags on the pallet are the ones I just got- sorry that post is prob confusing. the other two mags are still in the crate- prob the best crate job I ever seen!

Yeah keep me posted on the F-1 I can use the box I got from you before for mockup until its time!

You driving that IH yet??

ok----> off to work.

Tuck

14. A Prius is still an ugly little liberal thing, and foreign. Just sayin'.

15. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

keep this momentum going......

16. Awesome!! Good luck Tuck!

17. JJTF

JJTF

Awesome; subscribed!

18. I may be able to help on some olds rear end stuff too...I will call you.

19. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

If you need another F-1 box and or column let me know, I have one and I can most likely get a free ride to the Twin Cities with my Brither-In-Law.

Also have a 48 Ford car column and box, and a 52? ford car column and box.

Would love to help anyway I can.

Jeff

20. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

No such thing:confused:

21. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Awesome stuff Tuck. And welcome back. Plus I think "Judas Prius" might be the best car name EVER!!! Let me know if you ever make shirts. Hahaha

22. Tuck, that clears up a lot of posts I've read! Especially the winter one about roadtripping with the single axle trailer from Kanada on down. I've always wondered where the hell you were based, now I know. Kanada - north of St. Paul and south of Canada. I like it!

23. You can't reharden gears. The heat treating causes distortion, the gears would be useless after re-heat treating. Gears are ground to final dimensions after heat treat.

Good to see you getting back to more normal. I have never seen a Pruis with a hitch. Good for you with the car, but I personally hate the attitude most people with them have.

24. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

The gears could be nitrided with very little distortion.The process changes the surface to around 90 rc.Google gas or salt bath nitriding.We use it on many tool componets that require high surface hardness but still maintains strength.Theres local heat treaters that do this.

25. brjnelson

brjnelson

J.C. Tuck you still have that Prius?
    Here is a photo of the one time he let me drive it .

See you at Memory Lanes.
    Brian[​IMG]

26. Great to hear an update.

27. daddio211

daddio211

Kilometers per hour don't count! :D

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any buggy that can get 37mpg, drag a little trailer with hot rod parts and pieces around the country and keep your honey warm and comfy while dragging a roadster body from the bottom of the country to the top is something good to have in my book.

That's some story Tuck, glad things are starting to turn for the better.

29. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Great to hear about your latest adventure and knowing that "your back" from the fire. Never will be completely free from it's impact as years from now the memories will snap you back to reality (it can happen to anyone, just ask me). The main thing is your life is looking forward and I'm sure we'll be hearing good things about what the future holds. Be sure to keep us updated on the roadster.

Frank