Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Well, you did say anything! How 'bout a lowered sedan delivery?:eek: :D
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

been playing around with customizing ideas for old soviet cars lately, but only now did something in photoshop (paper sketches dont really reveal problems).
    this is a Moskvitch 412, might be a bit too new for the hamb though, sorry for that, but i really like its lines. also, i should have chosen the earlier front end - this one is a bit more boring (although makes a cleaner and longer side).
    [​IMG]
    so, at first i wanted to try to keep the four doors, but that didnt work out too well if i wanted the top chopped in a way that i wouldnt have to touch the whole top part and rear window - only the middle pillars.
    [​IMG]
    so i did a coupe
    [​IMG]
    and then decided to do the rear window and its pillars differently, although that included lenghtening the top line of the rear passenger door window
    [​IMG]
    now the rear doors look more realistic, haha. although theres still something i dont like about the rear window shape. here's a coupe too:
    [​IMG]
    also, i guess i shouldnt have removed those indicators, front looks a bit too clean now. so yeah, im open to criticism and suggestions

3. Russian

Russian

Hi, Ozols, i like what you do with this soviet cars (see some i did in my albums)

4. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

yeah, i've seen them, neat stuff. I am working on a photochop volga too, but its too hi-res for quick work, haha

5. How long? It really does depend. Sometimes all evening, if I´m half watching TV, or sometimes half an hour for a something quite easy.

Alain Delon... well, no reason really. Just that in this picture, he looks SO angry, which made me laugh, so I thought it would make a good avatar. But it could have been anyone.

6. I always liked those bastard ugly old Moskvitch "sedan deliveries" with the corrugated sides. One of those would make a cool gasser.

[​IMG]

7. MOguy

MOguy

My scallops aren't very good.

Attached Files:

8. Death Proof

Death Proof
    from Miami, FL
    1. Florida HAMBER'S

Maybe someone can help me out with a sneek peek at some color changes:

I would like to see my truck in Suede Green Tea Metallic ( plz dont give my grief cuz its a Honda color)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    And my girl"s bird with a Gold Flake Roof...
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance

9. Do you happen to have a colour photo fo your car taken in daylight? It´d make life easier. Same goes for having random shadows all over your GFs car! Not trying to be a PITA, but you want a good result?

10. NICE! Like the crinkle slicks too.

11. Death Proof

Death Proof
    from Miami, FL
    1. Florida HAMBER'S

Let me look around for some, if not I'll snap a couple.
    Thanks

12. Yikes! :eek: You'd better hope Chuck Norris isn't lurking around here on the H.A.M.B.! At least there's an international border between you and Chuck. :D But if I were you, I'd sleep better if there was at least an ocean between myself and Mr. Norris! :rolleyes:

13. vonB

vonB

The medium was most likely Windser and Newton guache on Crescent illustration board. Guache is an opaque water color. It was used in commercial art/illustration until computers. Car designers used it for highlights and color accents on their hand drawn marker/pastel/Prismacolor pencil renderings too.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks! I can just imagine this car with a 440 and 4 speed.

15. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

I really like the panel version too, but I'm thinking blown 392 with a Hilborn 4 port and a Clutch-Flite :D

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Oh hell yeah! lol I wonder if I have a picture of a blower from the right angle. Might have to set it up Gasser style. :D

17. thomas83

thomas83
    from fallon nv

Sorry to interpret. First of all I want say this thread is awesome and it's what I'm looking for. It's whole reason why I bought adobe master collection cs3 and cs4. To brainstorming my cars and print them out. However I'm struggle to learn how to use this software. Question how do I can change color and still keep edges and glossy reflects?

18. nali

nali

You have to use layers . There s a lot of tuto available on the web.
    Just search with Google, it will be easier than explaining here.

19. the BossHogg

the BossHogg

Hi guys,

I'm needing some suggestions for new wheels on my '50 Chevy pickup.
    I just don't know what to do....paint, replace or trims ??

Any ideas?

cheers
    Mark

Attached Files:

20. Thomas-you can change the colors and keep the edges and gloss by adjusting the hue and saturation. it will create a new layer and you can use your dropper to select only the colors you want to change. hope that helps.

21. skooch

skooch

Hi, I bought this giant Easter egg a few months back. The paint scheme (minus the lavender paint) is stock stude and I'll probably go with that in a classic white/red combo but I'm really curious what it would look like all white with just the rear fenders, inside truck bed, grille, bumper and wheels red. The tires will be 16" bias ply with 4" whitewalls.
    Thanks so much![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  22. deflaytedwayz

deflaytedwayz

Hello Photoshoppers! I was wondering if I could get somebody to do a little work for me. I'm trying to figure out the direction I want to go with this project and would like to see it before I choose. I'm looking at going with a green very similar to the one attached. I just can't decide if I want to go all that color, or that color and a laced out roof (not sure how I'd do it on the truck), or a scalloped job. Either way I was thinking, laid out on 4-bar caps and WWW's or pinners, and a set of Bellflowers. The bumpers would be removed either way I go. Thanks!!! I can take a different picture tomorrow if this one won't work.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

23. deflaytedwayz

deflaytedwayz

Anybody?....Pretty please!

24. nali

nali

It should be quite easy. Someone is maybe already working on this.
    But the picture of your car was taken a cloudy day, so don t expect to have shinny result as the green car.
    It would be nice to also add nice pictures of the wheels you want :)
    I don t have much time for now, but if nobody does, I ll do it.

25. deflaytedwayz

deflaytedwayz

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if anybody had seen it and it was already 12 pages back, so I figured I'd bump it up. I can take another picture in the sun tomorrow if neccessary, but the sun is already on it's way down.

Also please shave all trim and handles and gas neck if possible
    pics of the Hub caps are attached

Thanks!

Attached Files:

26. I'm not sure what's going on, but when I've tried to copy or "Save Picture As" with your truck photo, the photo streatches out really wide and short in height.

27. nali

nali

It s ok here ...
    phil@bion:~/Bureau$ file Mytruck001.jpg
    Mytruck001.jpg: JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.02

Maybe it s broken .

Try this , I ve tested a fix with convert :
    [​IMG]

phil@bion:~/Bureau$ file Mytruck001_.jpg
    Mytruck001_.jpg: JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.01

28. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'm exhausted but can't sleep... so I was doing this, but I looked at your original comment and I think I miss-read it... so here is what I did anyway... LOL

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

29. captmullette

captmullette

can't make up my mind, thinking of the mar-hyde vanilla primer with hardner, anybody got a better idea, im not happy with the dollar store rattle can grey... can someone show me some color, thanks guys

Attached Files:

30. TB3

TB3
    from Dallas TX

I am hoping that some of the people that are good with photoshop could help me with some ideas for my car. I am looking to put black or blue steelies on it with a 3in www. OR a 1 inch www. No baby moons. Just chrome lugs or something. If I could see some pics of those combos then I could buy the wheels that I like better. I thank you in advance for the help. Combos-Blue steelies w 3in www, Blue w/ 1inwww, Black steelies with 3in ww, Black with 1 in www. I have attached some other pics that may make it easier for the photoshoppers.
    Attached Thumbnails

Attached Files: