Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iron Invasion - Chicagoland show Oct. 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Aug 19, 2011.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

909 stegman boulevard marshalltown iowa ! will be bringing a group of guys to torque fest and already planning the trip to woodstock as well !

2. Yes this is shannon,Who talked to you at the hunnert about the battle at the hill

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

dirtbag54 meet dirtbag13.....dirtbag 13 meet dirtbag54!
    ha
    Shannon - hope you saw we have put your info on the Independent Syndicate.
    Hope you have squared away all the details for your upcoming show.
    It can be a headache sometimes but if you surround yourself with good people it can make it a lot easier.
    I have been blessed through the years to have some really great help and I hope they will keep on helping cause we need it!

On another note - sounds like there is a potential for an award from a couple of historic names that have been involved with Torque Fest.

We will keep you updated and let you know the details....
    as people may or may not know - Torque Fest does NOT give out trophies.
    We DO allow car clubs that show up present their picks for what THEY think is the coolest paint/bike/ride/mill/etc. So if your car club wants to present something to a fellow gearhead - feel free to come up with your own homemade trophy and present it at the show.
    It is in this same vein that these 2 people have approached us and asked to present an award. Details should be confirmed in the next couple of weeks.

4. yes thanks for that,i will be sending you another flyer for our just added, second event in july in southern indiana. details to follow....thanks again

5. Plumb

Plumb
    from Dundee, IL

I will be there! Looking forward to it.

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Hey - Plumb - that car looks familiar....did I see it in Iowa?
    and Kansas?

7. mlbeil

mlbeil
    from Arnold, MO

Coolstuff, just a short note to say that I received the fliers and have already began to spread the word. Thanks

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

thanks for spreading the word down in MO - we hope you can make it up!

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

camping is primitive - BUT we do have electric service and running water in two locations....
    no showers -
    we have 7 different 30 amp outlets in the campground area and many 110 volt outlets to power your generators etc.

This will be first come first serve - supposedly I already have one person that wants one of the 30 amp spots....
    (you know who you are and I will hold your spot til Meltdown Drags like you said....)
    so
    let me know if you need a spot to camp at Woodstock!

10. SoNorth

SoNorth
    from Milwaukee

This looks like it should be a good time. I'll be putting it on my calendar.

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

SoNorth - thanks man - we really hope the Milwaukee people will show up - since Woodstock IL is only 75 miles from Milwaukee - it kinda makes since to make a day trip out of it.....
    wake up at 6 - get on the road by 7
    hit the show by 8 or 830am
    hang out - see some good music - make some new friends.....
    be back home by 7 or 8pm that night!
    (or if you have too much fun - stay on site and camp!)
    SoNorth - hope you can stop by and see us this weekend at the Milwaukee World of Wheels - we can give you some promo material to hand out to your fellow gearheads!

12. redhawk74

redhawk74

ill be making the trip, thats for sure.

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

If there is anyone in Chicago area that needs promo material - we will be at the Chicago World of Wheels this weekend - so stop by and grab some stuff to take to the gearheads back at work.
    Seeya in Donald E Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont!

14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Had a great response from the public this past weekend in Chicago at the World of Wheels show. Thanks for all that came by and said they would suppor thte show - it means a lot.

15. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

Can not wait! You going to have any pre/post parties? My girlfriend works at a huge bar close buy with a big lot, its in spring grove Il. about a 15 min haul, we could maybe set up some fund raisers, bands whatever.

It will be a blast and the location is great, lots of nice roads to cruz

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

The pre party is AT the site.
    We encourage everyone to come out early - stay late and CAMP overnight.
    This way there will be less problems with people trying to get in on Saturday.
    So the reality is.....this event will actually start on Friday night.
    We will have a couple of bands playing on Friday night at the grounds - and we will encourage swap meet guys to show up on Friday as well.
    The more we can get in there on Friday - the better.
    There will be TWO cruise in starting points.
    From the West - Kerry Hopperstad will have an open house over in Belvidere IL
    From the East - Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle will have an open house in Addison IL
    Both places will have directions/maps on how to get to McHenry County Fairgrounds in Woodstock IL.
    We hope that everyone can arrive before dark so we can get some video footage of the rides rolling in.
    Please note that the $10 weekend pass will be collected that night - do NOT lose your wristband overnight. Show it in the morning and this will help keep the traffic flow moving as well.
    We hope that everyone will wanna stay late.....we are gonna get some good bands in for entertainment.
    And yes - we will allow camping overnight on Saturday as well.

Sunday - clean up and recover.

17. malibustevens

malibustevens
    from Illinois

That sounds perfect!

18. Zaq

Zaq

Bump. Now that Torquefest is over we only have 151 days till Iron Invasion!
    Already planning my trip. Ill definitely be camping out Friday night.
    Probably gunna volunteer too..

19. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Really looking forward to this show, John! I think it's going to be a blast!!!!

20. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I'm won't be missing this one. Sorry I wasnt there for torque fest this year!

21. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

The current owners of the Chrisman Brothers Coupe have agreed to show this historic cover car at the Iron Invasion.
    This will be a rare oppurtunity to see one of the most famous Salt Flat racing cars ever.
    This is being shown with agreement from the Dana and Patti Mecum Collection.
    We are truly humbled at the generosity of the Mecum family to let us see this historic piece up close.
    For those that don't know the significance of the vehicle:

The Chrisman Brothers were hot rod pioneers.
    They got their initial fame from setting records on the drag strip. They were the first to hit 140 and 180 in the quarter mile.
    Then they turned their eyes toward the salt flats.... They hit 140 MPH in a '34 Ford Coupe.

This was only the beginning. It was the 1930 radically chopped and heavily modified coupe that would put their stamp on hot rod royalty status.
    The aggressive stance of the coupe, as well as the functional aspects of the modifications, made the Chrisman Brothers Coupe a model that is emulated to this day.

The Coupe set records at Bonneville and was a cover car on the Feb. 1954 issue of Hot Rod magazine.

After turning their eye back toward drag racing they sold the car to Barris who made this a prominent TV car with appearances on Dobie Gillis. These TV appearances were seen by millions of future hot rodders and, like many other TV cars, became an icon in the minds of gearheads from coast to coast.

Later in the Coupe's life, the prestigious Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance invited the coupe to be shown.

The cultural impact this car has had on the hot rod community can not be understated.

Born at a turning point in the formative years of California’s hotrodding culture; a multiple class record holder and Hot Rod magazine feature car; one of the first “TV cars” and an inaugural Pebble Beach class winner, and in retrospect the very car that established the parameters for an entire automotive design genre, the Chrisman Brothers Coupe is one of the most important automotive icons in 20th century American popular culture.

We are honored to be able to have this car be among the historic motorcycles and cars that will be at the Iron Invasion.

http://www.ironinvasion.com/
    Oct. 6, 2013
    Woodstock IL
    McHenry Couty Fairgrounds
    If YOU have anything buried in your garage - or your neighbor has an old show car or historic motorcycle that hasn't seen the light of day since 1971 - please contact us!
    This is exactly what we want to see at the Iron Invasion.

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

23. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Can't wait for the show!

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

awesome addition to the show. Thanks to Dana and Patti

25. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Is there a poster I can put in he shop window?

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

we will be getting posters ready at the beginning of June.
    we are very happy to announce that DJ Dell Villarreal will be at the Iron Invasion spinning the tunes YOU want to hear - he will take requests at the show and via facebook.
    [​IMG]

27. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

REAL honky tonk will be at the Pre Party on Friday night and Saturday - we have Adam Lee & Dead Horse Sound Company coming up from Kansas City to entertain us.
    Give them a chance and I think you will be a fan.

28. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Holy Shit!!! That's awesome, one of the bitchinest cars of all time will be in Woodstock.

29. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I'll be there. Just lined up the vacation days off from work. :D:D:D