Register now to get rid of these ads!

Documentary on Squeeg's Kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CreatingCustoms, Jan 24, 2012.

1. CreatingCustoms

CreatingCustoms

Hi everyone, my name is Patrick Gramm, I'm new here. I know a few of the guys here (Darren... Todd...) because I'm a filmmaker and I just produced this short film on Squeeg's Kustoms for the "Creating Customs" series. (I love my job!)

It was ridiculously cool filming these guys for 3 days at their hot rod shop. Now, you get to see what I saw ... watch this in HD if you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lSyKVasHgU

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. fantastic. I really enjoyed that. :)

Lots of passion without drama.

3. Thanks for posting!

4. nitroratrod

nitroratrod

Very nice film. I like how those guys are so passionate with their work. I get so tired of hearing about how fast or how much of a bitch it will be to get something done in time. I would love to work their. Great film. Keep up the good work!

5. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely cool! Doug and his crew are some of my favorite customers. The louvers in the roll pan on the blue '34 are my humble contribution...

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - professionals behind and in front of the camera. excellent.. so, where is this going to be used besides just in youtube? as a side note, hope they can raise payroll enough to afford razors (Ha!)

8. 32 5 window

32 5 window
    from ca

These guys are the real deal they came into the shop I work at Squeeg's Kustoms and filmed for 3 days and produced a awesome film about our shop. If they happen to hit up your shop to shoot some video say yes and be prepare to be blown away by the quality and detail of the film they produce!

9. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Pat,
    Thanks for posting. I live about 1 mile from Squeggs. We'll have to meet up. Allan

10. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Very cool. Thanks for posting.

11. Awesome work, Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Thanks for the inspiration!

13. erock805

erock805

The Bearded one is a good friend and hot rod artist. He painted my 64 gmc, and has done multiple renderings of all my cars. His name on here is crayform ...btw he just broke his leg unfortunly hasnt been to work latley at squeegs. Does killer pinstripping too. If you need a rendering...hit him up..he has time on his hands...

Darin is one funny frrr, has killer rides too and has crazy skills. Matt the tatooed one, redid the chop on my 54...the kid does perfect work! made me fall in love with that car. Todd is the nicest guy in the world...just ask him. hahaha Crazy skilled guys at that shop! Love the high quality video.

Attached Files:

14. bonesy

bonesy

That such a cool video.

I've got to see that shop. I envision getting the coupe painted right in a place like that.

15. Undiscovered? HUH! Thanks to Pat Ganahl, I've been a big fan for years.

How come that 5 window is my new favorite car?

Who layed out the licks on the '39? YOU WIN SIR.

16. elricho

elricho

Very Cool.....

17. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

Thanks for that. I enjoyed that>

18. a bloke

a bloke

Vey cool film - well done.

19. CreatingCustoms

CreatingCustoms

WOW! Thank you so much for the feedback and the kind words. What a great bunch here.

20. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

That was a treat. Great work CreatingCustoms. That would be my ideal shop to work at, I'm all about super high quality work over getting it done as quick as possible. I work in collision right now and dream of being able to build hot rods for a living some day.

21. CreatingCustoms

CreatingCustoms

I live in Gilbert as well!

22. CreatingCustoms

CreatingCustoms

Great looking louvers!

23. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

That was a great video ... I'm blown away by the positive attitudes of the guys at that shop! Squeeg and this shop have been a fixture here in AZ for years. And I always lusted after Squeeg's track roadster!

24. Those guys do some incredibly badass work. I've never seen anything that ever came out of that shop that I didn't like. Those guys have "the look" figured out.

25. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Eric, Not to hijack the thread but I didn't know Joel worked at Squeeg's. 1320 Designs-is that the right guy? I thought that was him but not sure.
    Now back to your regularly scheduled program :rolleyes:

26. CreatingCustoms

CreatingCustoms

Yep. Joel Nelson works at Squeeg's... but his leg is busted at the moment. :eek:

27. CreatingCustoms

CreatingCustoms

"Creating Customs" is an online series... which means we won't have a bunch of suits at a network telling us to insert fake drama into the episodes, nor is there anyone that can meddle with the show in any way. The series will remain 100% authentic if we keep it off TV.

A hairy bunch of guys for sure! :D

28. KWashburn

KWashburn

That was pretty awesome. Thanks for making that available.

29. CreatingCustoms

CreatingCustoms

Glad you liked!