Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My River City Reliability Run Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Great pics man! Thanks a ton for taking the time to post this!!

2. Rok 51

Rok 51

Yeah, Jimmy excellent coverage. Thanks for taking the time to put all that together. Captures the whole week-end by the look of it.

Rocky.

3. Rok 51

Rok 51

I've got one sittin' up the back yard, but it's a bit to far gone to ship half way around the world for someone to fix up :):).

4. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

jimmy ,you are the man,kool meeting you ...ken

5. swifty

swifty

Well Jimmy I'm in the same boat as Al. It wasn't until Blake posted his very flattering pic of you that the penny dropped and I realised it was you driving Mike's T. I thought that being one of the HAMB historians that you would have been a wise old bugger like me but you're only a young bloke! Had me fooled. Like Al I would also have liked to say gidday. Thanks for the pics and I hope to catch you at Chopped this year.

swifty

6. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

We had a River City get-together tonight, and the concensus was the same as your view. Old head on young shoulders.

7. striper

striper

Well I was one who must've worked it out early. Good meeting you Jimmy and thanks for all the pics.

Pete

8. hershambob

hershambob

what chris said,its pissing down here today so this post cheered me up alot.
    ps hi jason!

9. 51MercSuicide

51MercSuicide
    from Kansas

Thanks Jimmy for posting the pictures. Thet really got my blood pumping, boy am I ready for sping time!

10. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks Jimmy what an outstanding event and group of cars!

11. Hey Jimmy , I am so glad you made it down for the event after your fantastic work on the posters for the funraising and the effort you put as one of the members of the club , it was looking shaky if you were coming or not for a bit , thanks for the pics and the effort , it was great to meet you and I am sure we will be shootin' the breeze again soon ,

Greg

12. AFL don't suck. You pickin' on the whole south now. Get with it Jimmy, I'll take you to Alberton for lunch ..

Thanks a lot for the shots, cool MelbEx show koverage, xlnt. Also diggin' the work on Striper's hot rod.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  13. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Some great looking cars! But those steering wheels are freaking me out. I feel like I'm stuck in a bad episode of The Twilight Zone...

14. Trigger

Trigger
    from Oregon

Very impressive cars and thanks for sharing your experience.

15. We have a very hard time putting runs like this up here, quite a feat down under! Thanks for sharing!

16. Hi Jimmy. Great pictures. I wish I'd taken a few more myself. It was a pleasure to meet you and have you drive the little T while I read the map, watched the scenery and worked the right rear brake with the hand brake lever ;). The T now has four new wheel cylinders in it as of about thirty minutes ago. :) I was more than totally bushed when I got home 7am Monday morning. So much fun to be had, there wasn't enough time for sleep over the weekend. Hope to catch up at one of these shows again.

Get stuck into your roadster, man!

CM

17. RDR

RDR

Hey Jimmy,...agree with CM on the great pictures! ...Michael, the T looks great too..sorry you had brake trouble but glad the two of you made the run and had a blast!
    RDR

18. tiquer

tiquer

Wow fantastic pictures Jimmy:cool::cool: Blew me away to see Chris`s old coupe in the first pic. Also loved the red 46-7 ford 1/2 ton. Just collecting the parts to redo mine with flathead and T-5.