Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official 2012 GRAND NATIONAL ROADSTER SHOW / SUEDE PALACE Thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Oct 16, 2011.

1. flattrap

flattrap

Shit ton of hours, 8 1/2 yrs, no money, little bit of paint and polish, whole lot of metal and a lot of patience see ya in the suede palace! ImageUploadedByTJJ1326587668.585253.jpg

2. abc123

abc123

Thank you, Traditional Rod & Kulture magazine, for sponsoring the Suede Palace. I've just subscribed in appreciation.

3. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I am putting the low five-O in the suede palace.

Attached Files:

4. M.Edell

M.Edell

5. 54metalman

54metalman

Holy crap!!! Flat trap is that Russ's Crown Vic? What's it been..... 40 yrs since he was at GNRS!!! Can't wait to see the car there!! Bare metal masterpiece!

6. Mid and West

Mid and West
    from midwest

Axle or any organizer...

I see the original post has the band lineups... any additions or changes?

I usually set my go date, based on the bands playing.
    You make the show so much more fun by bringing in Deke, Russell Scott and all the other great acts.

By the way, have you given up using the my space page you own?
    Is facebook your new place most updated? or is it axleshows.com?

Thanks for all the hard work.

7. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hi, you can view my initial post on page one but I have arranged for top entertainment.

Fri. Jan. 27th 7:00 p.m.-8:00p.m. Lil "A " & the Allnighters - great Jump Blues managed by Art Martel.

Sat. Jan. 28th 1:00 p.m.-2:00p.m. The Mighty Mojo Prophets - Blues

Sat. Jan. 28th 3:00 p.m.-4:00p.m. & 5:00p.m.-5:45p.m. Lil Mo & the Dynaflo's - Doo Wop from Hollywood.

Sunday Jan. 29th 12:00 noon - 12:30 p.m. & 1:00-1:30 p.m. The Monarchs - Rhythm & Blues with female vocalist .

Most of these bands can be viewed on You Tube.
    Thanks

8. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

^^^^ Thank you for clearing that up! ^^^^

9. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Awesome!
    Our shot at the AMBR award is getting close to being done. Loading on the trailer Sunday morning and heading west. It's going to be an awesome show!!

10. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Always loved your dad's car. its plain cool.

Now this is intresting. It looks like the trim has been molded to the body? plus many other subtle mods. Dig it loads!
    All othe rides are beautiful too, but i think i never commented on these 2.
    Wish i could be there...

11. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well we are out of time to preregister for the Drive in, but you can pay on saterday and get in, Great News! sunny and 86 degrees for the show!The Drive in should be great this year.

12. sodaturk

sodaturk
    from san diego

Thanks! I had a heavy hand in helping him design it...

13. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

that's why I wont be going this year! I had a car's in the palace the last 4 year's decided to drive in last year waited 2 hours in line and they let the guy's that showed up 20 mins. before the gates open in first?:mad:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  14. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Last year it was hecktic , guys started linning up at 4 a.m., between the suede alley, the mexican village and the lawn area , we had around 500 cars, thats alot of cars to park in a small area, guys that preregistered for the Drive in get in first, the parking staff are all volenteers and did their best and their help is much apreciated. I'll talk to John Buck and try to have it a little more organized, The best way to avoid the mess is to register with the regular form and check off suede alley and drop your car off on thursday and you can pick your own parking spot and avoid the lines. We are going to have great weather again this year so we are expecting a big turn out, we will do our best to make things smoother this year.

15. Jcbuck

Jcbuck

Hi Guys there was a problem last year that has been discussed and fixed for this years event. Pre-reg guys will be checked in and will be the first guys to go in.

There is a special line for Suede as well so that they go in together.

If you come to the event and pay there there will be a line up of Suede as well so that the wait will be minimized. Come have a blast with us! John Buck

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

This is my first time inside the Suede Palace.My pre reg info says I set up between 2-4PM on Thursday.Should I get there extra early or something? Or be there at 2PM and go right in? I dont know how this works exactly..kinda nervous.

17. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

you'll be fine... what I was referring to was driving in (non preregistered) about 10-15 car pulled up to the front of the line off to the left and when it was time for the non preregistered car's to go in they let those guys go in first, they only waited about twenty min. before the gate opened while everyone else had been in line for hours.
    it sounds like they have got a handle on this problem now so don't worry....

18. M.Edell, it never hurts to get there a little early. See old friends in line and/or make new ones. The Suede Palace is a hoot. Axel always finds great bands and it's the best place for people watching.

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

For the guys lining up on saterday, come prepared, bring some coffee and donuts, don't sit behind the wheel piss off, get out and socialize and check out other guys cars, it's a perfect time to meet the other guys and will make your wait more pleasant. Lot's of times at shows, we see a bitch'en car but never get to meet the guy that built it, or take pictures of a car we like. Does any body know of a good coffee and donut place close to the fairgrounds ? or maybe John can send a Roach Coach so we can buy breakfast while we wait in line.

21. geemann51

geemann51

Miguel you are a very wise man, great advice.... See you there if not sooner...

22. thePAkid1931

thePAkid1931
    from Eastern PA

What time do cars start getting there Sat. morning?? We are 1st timers and don't want to miss a thing!!

23. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I'll ask John what time they are going to open the first gate so guys can stage in the correct line so they are not any confusions, I just checked the weather, a perfect 72 degress and sunny all weekend long!

24. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

That's what we did- walk around & talk to people. We had coffee we brought in but no donuts. A couple of generous guys did have donuts & shared w/ others around them (boxes full). The time went pretty quick.
    Yea- there were the ones who always sneak in at the front of the line but what the heck- shit happens.

A roach coach or 2 would be a great idea & a money maker for them. 500 cars in a parking lot w/ nowhere to go? Hungry? Thirsty? No brainer.

25. axle

axle
    from Drag City

ATTENTION: One 10x10 vendor space has become available inside the "Suede Palace" - Building #10. These NEVER come available and there are literally hundreds in line to get a chance at this but I'd like to offer it to someone new as long as you are in the business of selling merchandise which caters to our crowd. First committed first served. For more info contact: [email protected] or (951)-534-1439.

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  26. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

Miguel,

There are plenty of Donut/ Coffee places in La Verne some along Foothill Blvd, but there is one in Dowtown La Verne minutes from the show. Take White ave North to Arrow Hwy a quick left (west) then a right (north) on "D" Street, now your in Downtown theres a great Donut Shop right there.

27. No laws against doing "donuts" the parking lot ? Cool

This IPhone app is the schiznizzle!

28. M.Edell

M.Edell

Headin to Pomona in the morning..cant believe its already here.

29. 54metalman

54metalman

Left yesterday afternoon. 180 miles n from San Fran now. So lookin forward to it!!!

30. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Cars start arriving as early as pre dawn but the actual separate lines will be formed from 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. . At 8:00 a.m. the main gate 17 will be opened and cars will be directed to their desired parking area's .