Register now to get rid of these ads!

who makes an adapter to mate . . . Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PetesPonies, Jan 23, 2012.

1. PetesPonies

PetesPonies
    from Maryland

bellhousing and trans to 2.0 Pinto engine??

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I don't think anyone does......

3. PetesPonies

PetesPonies
    from Maryland

I know I saw one once. It adapted the stock trans to a Pinto engine.

4. handyandy289

handyandy289
    from Georgia

Check the length of the main shaft for the Pinto transmission and compare it to the A. A simple spacer might work. The A transmission is a bit weak for a Pinto engine. A T5 with a closed drive adapter might be a better choice. Let us know what you find. Good luck

5. Stock trans will work fine. You redrill the A bell housing to fit the pinto. I'll look for the notes I had when I did that in the 80's. I redid the trans later to use a 32 bell housing and a V8 style trans with later gears fo the synco's. We used a lightened A flywheel and a guy made an adaptor for the crankshaft to flywheel. Might check with some of the A clubs they may have someone who can remember it better.

6. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

I think the suggestion above re T-5 is worth considering. I am running one behind a 2.3 in my 30 mordoor and find it realy streetable as well as highway cruising.

7. PetesPonies

PetesPonies
    from Maryland

I don't have an "A" transmission, yet. I build T-5s, so plenty of them around. I want a stock, otherwise appearing vehicle and knowing that the pedals come off the bellhousing, I was thinking of going that route. I will not be using juice brakes, So keeping the brake pedals and parts stock was an option for me. How would that work with a T5??