Register now to get rid of these ads!

700r4 200r4 in Orange County Ca

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robyyo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

Hello friends, anybody know a reputable transmission shop that sells GM automatic overdrive transmissions in beautiful Orange County CA for a good or decent price?

2. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

No one I know of...but if you want a bullit proof T-200-4R for a "resonable" price, contact Scott McClay Engineering.
    http://www.scottmcclayengineering.com/

While his add just notes the 3spd. version, he just got done doing an overdrive (4R) for me.
    The best on the west coast, and one of the best in the US in building the T-200's.
    He tests each trans. before they are picked up/shipped to verify everything is correct.

He can ship to anywhere.

Mike

3. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

There was a guy on Craigslist semi retired who was doing them for $1200 no core, but I haven't seen his add lately. I would be interested as well. Gordon

4. amadeus

amadeus

There is a place called
    "Bowtie Overdrives" 760-947-5240
    I have NEVER dealt with them but they seem to be the authority when it comes to OD GM trans,several articles in magazines and reviews,etc.
    I believe they are in Hesperia?

Hope that can help you.
    Best,
    J.

5. Cerberus

Cerberus

In an earlier post of yours about powerglides or AOD's, I recommended two AOD builders in your area. If apporx $2K is out of your price range for a well-built AOD/tq convertor/TV System, I suggest checking the classifieds for a used 700R4. Seems to be plenty of them out there. Keep costs down by getting the torque convertor that comes with it. Nice to get the driveshaft too so you get the correct yoke.

6. If you have a core, I can get it done for $750. But I'm in the I.E

7. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

Thank you for all the information gentlemen.