Register now to get rid of these ads!

832HP/740ft-lbs CV-1 Headed PumpGas 535 Pontiac ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twinturrbo406, Jan 23, 2012.

1. twinturrbo406

twinturrbo406
    from Florida

..... well guys, looks like we got another CV-1 engine out the door for a customer and would like your feedback, this one was a 535c.i. standard deck, steel rods, flat-top pistons with Fusion CNC'd/CV-1's, and my ported CVI-1 low-rise intake and an AndersonPortDevelopment 1050 dominator ..... this engine is a very simple combination utilizing stud mount rocker arms and guide-plates, the idle quality is very nice at 950-1000 rpm, the torque at 3200 rpm is still well over 600 ft/lbs .....

..... the engine carried the HP out past the peak until about 7100-7200 rpm, it only lost 5hp from 6800 rpm to 7200 rpm ..... the camshaft is .800/.800 (1.7's) 265/272 @.050 on a 110, with only 10.75 to 1 compression .....

.... note, all dyno testing we did was using local 93 octane pump gas fuel, nothing special there .... now, the weather conditions were not very special either, we had a very nice 90%-96% humidty to contend with .. .. the DA was close to 3000ft .... and our shop is at almost 2000 ft elevation also, but we aren't going to complain, it is what it is .... this engine is slated for a 67' GTO, i hope he has good tires and suspension under that car ..... we also ran the "CVI-1X" manifold on the engine as well, it made "832hp/740ft-lbs" with (15.2-17.1 a/f's !!) YIKES !!! plugs were ok though, lol ... we were on the dyno all day, and it was late, so i almost had to beg Calvin to let me put it on there, so we did no tuning for the CVI-1X, as we had to get him loaded up and truckin' with this engine for his early road trip this morning ..... he will be delivering the 535 to his customer .....

.... here is a video of the dyno test with the CVI-1X intake ....

((( <!-- m -->http://youtu.be/ftm2tZrpzUQ<!-- m --> )))

Attached Files:

2. Positively NOT traditional (and I'm a Pontiac guy)!

Try sticking this on "Yellowbulshit" forum.

3. PonchoJohn

PonchoJohn
    from Fresno, Ca

That's a truly Mighty Poncho!

4. Your time here will be short....The period police have been dispatched I'm sure....

5. Sounds like a nice motor. The CV-1 is a great addition to the Pontiac family of top ends available.
    Funny how it is OK for modern big block chev stuff but, more developed Pontiac stuff is not? That is nonsense

6. 55chieftain

55chieftain

The last cv1 thread got locked over on YB, the same jackass that searches the internet for every cv-1 head to say how bad they are showed up.

7. YB doesn't lock threads.....:confused:

8. Gas will be $4.00 this summer, this should go far. Yeah I know a quarter mile at a time. Kinda the wrong forum BBC and this.

9. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Believe it or not the thread was locked....

Thats not whats important here though. Congrats on building a great street engine

10. I wouldn't know, only been there once or twice.

Too much bullshit and too many assholes (or is it whole asses).

That's why I deem it "Yellowbulshit"!

This guy's engine is purdy and may be powerfull but it doesn't belong on the H.A.M.B. This is NOT why I'm on here.

Sorry! I just callz 'em as I seez 'em! ;)

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mean engine and I like the big old Pontiac engines but this isn't board for that one unless maybe it's sitting in a 41 Willys gasser that is othewise damned well traditional.

It would be ok in a 55 Chevy 2 door post too as back in the real early 60's that was how you went fast with a 55 Chevy around here, you put a 389 Pontiac in it.