Register now to get rid of these ads!

Source for tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VoodooTwin, Jan 22, 2012.

1. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Sorry to bother you guys, but I'm looking for a new set of 7.50 (2) and 6.00 (2) for my '35 wires (16-inch diameter). Tired of trying to navigate Coker's horrible website. Is there an Alliance member that can provide tires? If not, who has a decent website to "shop" at?

Many thanks.

2. noboD

noboD

Why not just call Coker and talk to a human being, or they will send you a paper catelog?

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

They're open tonight?

4. Tires are about the look, so why have the same one or three stock photos for several hundred different tires. Cokers site is very hard to navigate.

Google vintage tires or antique tires and lots of suppliers pop up.

5. Quote: Coker's site is very hard to navigate.

I just was at their web site, a little while ago. Could not find 16 inch tires very well at all!

Yah, call them in the morning.

6. Old&Low

Old&Low

Maybe I'm just lucky that way, but I haven't had any trouble with Coker's site. Knowing what sizes I wanted, using the 'stock photos,' I've bought two sets from Coker (one set Coker Classics and the other set BFGs.) Using my Alliance member discount I saved a small fortune and will definitely do it again!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  7. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Coker's website is literally a pain in the butt. I am no computer whiz, but better than the average bear. I hesitate to verbally give my credit card info to anyone. Much better to use the internet so that there is at least a printable trail, marginally useful, but better than nothing. I wish Corky would fix it. Maybe if many of us write to Coker then the website can be redone.

8. You may be able to try Firestone.

9. Rob68

Rob68

10. Rob68

Rob68

11. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

12. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

13. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I noticed recently that Coker redid their site and it was almost impossible to find what I was looking for now. Their search function used to work well for me. Hope they fix it.

14. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just went and looked. I encourage anyone who hasn't been there recently to do the same.

All I have to say is: damn. What was wrong with the way it was?

15. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

yeah i went to order a pair of tires from coker there new site sucks! you cant even look up a size the only way i found to find the tires you need is to type "7.50-16" in the search... i almost want to call them and tell them how bad the site is hahahha...

or you could just call them.

16. And the prices have gone up seventy bucks for a set of 4.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  17. Old&Low

Old&Low

Well, I stand corrected; just went to Coker's 'new' site' and y'all are right, it pretty much sucks compared to when I bought my last two sets of tires from them. Tomorrow I plan on contacting them and telling them that fact. Maybe if enough of their paying customers bitch to them it might make a difference, but I doubt it; I'm still gonna let them know what I think of their 'new and improved' site.

18. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Yeah their site blows, I was about post a " how to find tires" thread , glad I read down tonight's posts!

19. Jess H

Jess H

Sorry you guys are having trouble navigating the site. A website is no good if you cant find what you are looking for! We did change the home page look, but we are adding back the rim size search and the tire size search. Give us a couple days to get it fixed. In the mean time give us a call.

Also if you have suggestions on how we can make the site better PM me.

Thanks,

Jess Hoodenpyle
    Vice President - Sales and Customer Service
    Coker Tire Company
    1317 Chestnut Street
    Chattanooga, TN 37402
    Toll Free: 1-800-251-6336

20. juniorsrodshop

juniorsrodshop
    from nh

that would be great! i think the old site was great the way you could go to the sizes buy the wheel size it was real easy to find the correct size for hot rods.

thanks rich

21. Good of Jess to respond here, This is the type of customer service you like to see! And I know from personal experience that Jess is a great guy who will do his best to help you out.

22. Right now he's helping me, very grateful for that.
    Pita trying to ID tires from internet pics. Thanks Jess.

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can always put up changes as a beta site. I am sure that a ton of us would be happy to test it out for you, for usability sake, gratis.

We WANT to buy your product, why not enlist us in helping make it even easier for us to do so?