Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser ladder bars! What a joke!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whitey70ss, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that's bad... really bad:(. i'd take 'em to an engineer, then at least you have a proffessional opinion that they are not "good parts" (not that blind freddy could'nt already see that). just saying it may help with getting a refund. good luck

2. junkrodder

junkrodder
    from Sweden

My gerbils welds better!

3. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

holy sh&t that sir looks like crap,youre ripped off

4. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Those are fuckin scarey!!!! However what do expect when the guy's name is Kermit?

5. MistShift

MistShift

I could drink molten steel and piss better beads.

6. PAY-PAL has always treate me right!! You must stay calm, be professional, and not bash the seller at all. Just the facts, state them clearly and intelligently, nothing more.
    I would conside paying a local welder who does this for a living, examine the welds and put in writing what he thinks. Even at a hours minimum say $75, I know you would rather have your money back minus the $75 and lesson learned, than have these pitiful P.O.S. laying around collecting dust.
    Another alternative suggestion is to cut them apart, and again pay that real welder to weld them up for you and put his name on them. The bung deal is kind of a total loss. Maybe the guy doing the welding will feel sorry for you and have a scrap piece to replace the short legg and your still only out around an hour labor.
    The HAMB is loaded with a bunch of awesome people maybe some one will help you out, for lunch and a 6 pack, I know I would if you weren't so far away, TR

7. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

At least Ray Charles could have LISTENED to the welder to get a rough idea if it was set right!

8. Exactly, there was no bacon sizzling on that skillet. Welds are as cold as a witches boob in a brass bra.

9. deto

deto

I think I'm gonna quit my job and start making ladder bars

10. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

That asshole should be forced to put those on a 700hp car and make a pass! Nobody would be buying crap from him again

11. Good in the eyes of us that know what SH$T looks like,or the untrained eye? Yep,been and done with that scenario.........As long as what you "thought=pictured" you were buying,and "what you got are two different things=false advertising. The "bay" is usually very good about that,at least from my end. They look at everything including pics while your on the phone....... You might not want to express "they look like hell", but that it's not what you paid for.....too bad for loopholes,but this is definetally #1 a SAFETY FACTOR
    and # 2 not what you had actually though you were getting.
    Still reading? Pick up the phone if you have'nt done so!

12. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Yeah those are shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Chuck Norris surely could.

14. I wanted some long bars like tht but was nervous of a "unknown" and did not buy them, my choice was some S&W bars that were 42" long, uh, much nicer!
    [​IMG]

15. Man those are rough ! I sure would be pissed if they showed up to my door, just incredible.

16. slammed

slammed

What do Quality, 'name' brand bars go for $?

17. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I've seen better welds on wrought iron fences...
    No excuse for that kinda' shit to be marketed.

[​IMG]

18. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

don't be making fun of the blind!

19. slammed

slammed

20. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

A good place for those would be stuck up his ass ...

21. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

You fuggin bastards, I tried my best, let's see you guys weld

Giggle snicker snort

22. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

My six year old can lay down a nicer bead than that....And I am not joking!!......this clown and his "harbor freight 110 flux wire welder" is going to get someone hurt,......I see things like this all the time and Normally I tell guys "they got what they payed for" Because usually it is a case where they tryed to cheap out And bought from a unknown vendor, But in this case You payed good money for shit parts.....Contact paypal and if that don't work stop payment with your bank or charge card, If paypal will not protect you Your bank or charge card will....And remember lesson learned......Goodluck!!

23. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

LOL.........................now thats funny!!

24. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

If you run into any problems getting your money back pm me ill send them a copy of my certification and explain to them the problems with the bars/welds hes putting peoples lives in danger i wouldent trust those on a go kart just plain scary!!! If others have bought them im sure your not going to be the first complaint against him.

25. lukey

lukey

Wow doesnt even sum up my thoughts on that! Take ALOT of work to fix that crap.

-LUKEY-

26. Squablow

Squablow

Paypal and eBay will always side with the buyer, regardless, so you're safe, as long as you follow through on the steps. Just be sure you've "escalated" your case. You'll have to ship them back and probably eat the shipping cost, be sure to get a tracking number so you can prove they were returned. You'll be fine.

Those surely are some piss poor parts. Really sad.

27. BadbeatFactory

BadbeatFactory

Damn...those things are saaaaWEET!

28. On top of going through the paypal procedures,
    ..... send the seller the link to this thread ..... doesnt seem he would want to have too much ill will boiling on the internet. Also he might come to the conclusion that his interpetation of "good parts" is amiss.

29. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

The bigger the glob, the better the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.