Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Truck Getting Rained On

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Cardplayer, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Cardplayer

Cardplayer

Hello from a new guy in Washington State. I drive and work on a new-to-me 65 F250 4x4. It's far from what most of you guys drive, but it starts right up every morning and I sure love it. Not going to do too much to it, other than slowly spruce it up over time till it shines a bit better and runs a bit smoother.

Thanks in advance for any help I get or questions answered (I'll probably ask some real simpleton ones, too).
    I've lurked about for years, but now I really need that search function!

Oh and first question, can anyone tell me what carb that is? Or at least tell how to figure out myself.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

I dig the old 4x4's Welcome....

3. Welcome from Minnesota,-- If I'm reading that number right, 1405--Then I'd say it's a Edelbrock 600 cfm carb, but I'm old and my eyes are bad.

4. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

welcome from holland cheers

5. Nice truck & Welcome from Susan & Larry in the MO.Ozarks

6. Cardplayer

Cardplayer

Thanks, They Call Me Bob. I looked at it again and those numbers are indeed "1405 3102".
    just throwin' this out there. Does 7mpg sound right? I am not expecting high numbers but that seems low.

7. Cerberus

Cerberus

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.
    The Warranty tag on your 1965 F250 says it has a B5 axle. B5 axle is code for 4.10 gears. Being a 4 x 4 with those gears, 7-9 mpg seems about right with a big block. Appears to be a 390?

8. Cardplayer

Cardplayer

352ci FE, Cerberus

9. rgraboske

rgraboske

Very cool truck!

Stupid question, but have you checked the accuracy of the odometer? Those tires look quite a bit taller than stock.

10. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.....Nice hauler!

11. Cardplayer

Cardplayer

You know, I have. Mileage by marked distance and speedo by GPS and they are spot on. The wheels were an option, but are original equipment, and carry the same size tire as it left the dealer with.

I was hoping the Odo was off!

12. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Welcome from Texas. Yeah 7 mpg sounds right. I have a 78 with a bored out 350 and the edelbrock 600 cfm carb on it and I get 3 if I'm lucky...be glad that you get 7.

13. Oldhenry1

Oldhenry1

Welcome from the other side of the Sound. That is one sweet truck! My 71 F250 4x4 Flatbed 4 sp rustbucket gets about 8mpg but that ain't why I got it.