Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Myrna Elfrieda Skipper......My Mom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Mark,
    God Bless your Mom, your family and may she spend her days surrounded by those that love her and cherish her as she has them. May the love and warmth of fellowship and family ease her suffering. You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    -Mark

2. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Keep her comfortable, there is no use suffering from pain. God Bless.

3. My thoughts and prayers will be you and your mom.

My 81 year old mother just finished cheemo for bone marrow cancer,
    although it is in remission, she just isn't bouncing back.
    Sad to watch, but part of life.

Do yourself a favor, get and read a book called "Final Gifts"
    It is a great book for anybody that has or will be dealing with a dying loved one.
    It will comfort you in what you are dealing with.
    It is a very easy/quick read.

GodSpeed

4. My sincerest condolences, Skip.

5. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Wow, I am so very sorry to hear about this. I wish there was something that we could do to help. Family & friends will help you stay strong through this. Hang in there brother
    Dan

6. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Mark, All the best of wishes to you and your family. I am sure Mom Skipper when she passes will be no longer be in pain. She will be up there and her face will be wreathed in smiles as she rembers raising you and your brothers.

Dave

7. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mark,

I lost my mom when I was 20 years old. That was 28 years ago, and I still think of her nearly every day. The first couple years were really hard for me, but trust me, in time the pain will fade and you will be left with good memories.

My heart is breaking for you brother. The way you described your mom reminded me of mine. My mom, Jean, was a tough little lady too. She raised my sister and me on her own for the most part.

I am lifting your family up in prayer.

Peace,

Steve

8. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

There are really no words for what you are going through right now Skip, all I can say is I feel your pain, I lost my big brother to cancer, watching him go was the hardest thing I have ever done but at least I knew he was no longer in pain. I lost him 14 years ago and still miss him every day but like others have said, the pain will fade eventually and you will be left with memories of your Mother's love. Sending good thoughts and prayers from Merced.

9. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

10. My thoughts are with you and your family Skipper..................

11. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, RS;

Sympathies & condolences offered.

Prayers offered, for your mom, & you.

Glad you could bring her home. Peace...

Went through this in the early '00s, w/my parents, last yr w/mother-in-law.

Marcus...

12. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Skip..

I cared for my Mom and Dad for 12 years..built a guest house here.

Dad passed 10 years ago.
    Mom..died 10/12/11.. 3 months ago..
    My son still finds himself going to G'Ma's for food..but then realizes she not there..
    Being around her loved ones..the best gift you give..
    My thoughts are with you..

13. Im real sorry to hear of this, and im glad you get to spend her last days together. We are so lucky when wer'e blessed with good parents.

14. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'm real sorry to hear of this. May you, your family and your Mom find peace and comfort very soon.

God bless,

John

15. Sorry to hear it man. I lost my dad to cancer years ago, so I do know what you are going through. It's tough, but just try to remember her as she was when you were growing up...

16. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Make sure she isn't alone. It was a hard thing to do , but I held my Mom's hand as she passed from this life to the next. I'm glad I did. Bless you all. John

17. Sorry to hear about your mom Skip. I went through the same thing with my mom two years ago, just try to enjoy what you have and what you had. When it's over you will have years of good memories. I'll be praying for you.

18. Sorry to hear Skip....

19. patman

patman

Sorry to hear that, hope everything goes as well as possible.

20. You have our prayers.

21. I can certainly feel your pain, I have to take my 93 year old mother to an Oncologist next week. Doctors believe that she has Lymphoma. It's tough to see them in such pain, after all they were the ones that we would run to with every cut, bump or bruise. Like yours, mine also had to put up with my Brother and I and "the mess" in the front yard from our "projects". Wishing you and yours the best....

22. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

My thoughts are with you and your family, Mark.. Very sorry to hear this.

Malcolm

23. otas

otas

Hey skip. So sorry to hear about your mom. Lost my mom in 08 to that nasty desease. She was also an artist. My dad died in 75. My 3 older sisters were married and gone but my little sister and I were still at home. She had to get a job after being a stay at home mom for many years. Makes you look back and marvel at what they do for ya huh. Will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

24. X55GasserMan

X55GasserMan
    from CT

Sorry to hear,...thoughts and prayers are with you.....I certainly dred the day when it is time for my parents to pass....God Bless.

25. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thank you very much guys....to wake up today and read each post I am overwhelmed and someday I can repay all the prayers good things said about my Mom.....again thank you from the bottom of my heart.

26. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family...

27. My family will keep yours in our prayers.

28. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for telling us about your mom. She deserves all the love you are showing to her.

29. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

30. DRD57

DRD57

So sorry to hear about your mom, Skip. You have certainly had some tough times lately. You're doing the right thing. Be strong for her. I will be praying for her, you and your family.