Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Myrna Elfrieda Skipper......My Mom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 20, 2012.

1. flathead okie

flathead okie

Mothers are special, you'll always remember the good times. The pain of loss will go away.
    Prayers for your mother and your family.

2. Thoughts are with you and your family, lost my mom and sister to cancer 2 years apart, 3 years ago so i know what you are going through, stay strong and keep the love coming for her.

3. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Positive thoughts to you and your family....lost my Mom a couple of years ago and still think of her all the time. There is no way to make it easier. Keep her in your thoughts always and she will always be with you.

4. F&J

F&J

Royal; It is such a classy way to honor her with a photograph... A photo says so much to some of us ....those who lost theirs at such a very early age, that all we have, are photographs, which seem to speak.

5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Will keep you, your family, and your Mom in my prayers, Skip.

6. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

So very sorry to hear about your mom. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this very tough time.

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thank you F&J my Mom is still a beautiful lady to me and always will be...my Mom earned a degree in beauty school in Orange County in 1956 and also won an art scholarship where she did portraits. I have some wonderful James Dean charcoal portraits my mom did in 1956. She also applied for the Tinkerbell position at Disneyland when they opened...at 4' 10" they said she was too tall.

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Thoughts and prayers be with you.....

9. Blackie

Blackie

When we were kids we didn't understand the burden of watching our parents grow old. Most of us on this board can relate but none of us know exactly how bad it hurts for you at this moment. I'm terribly sorry.

Sent from a pay phone

10. chopsdeluxe51

chopsdeluxe51
    from Steel City

My thoughts are with you and your faimly brother.

Chops

11. brianj

brianj

My grandma was 4'6" in high heels,and raised four kids on a farm. They were a tougher generation than us. Don't worry about her- she is going to a much better place than here. Godspeed to you and your family, and you have my firm respect for bringing her home for her final days.

12. 296ardun

296ardun

Thoughts are with you, none of us who have gone through this ever forgot the feeling of loss, but that is what a great parent does, cause us to miss them, know that this is a difficult time for you and family, but lots of support here...

13. rick finch

rick finch

So sorry Skip, sounds like a wonderful lady, keep positive thoughts.

14. Sorry to hear this Skip, I'm sure it's very hard, you just always expect your parents to be there. I've been watching my own mother slow down the last couple years and her sister is fighting her final battle with cancer as we speak.
    Just make sure she knows how much you love her and how great she is, it'll make her happy.

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

tearing up here Mark...so sorry

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Prayers sent for your Mom.

48 Poncho

17. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

<-- bows head, hat in hands

My thoughts are with you and your family, Skip. Go take care of them, and yourself. Lost my mom suddenly 8 years ago, and it shook me to the core.

18. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Last year I lost my dad (93) in July and my mom (89) in November. Both lived full, happy lives, but it doesn't make it any easier. . .and the hardest part is we step up to be the next generation. Blink and here you are in life. Live each day like it's your last, it just might be.

19. Weasel

Weasel

Mark this is a terrible, terrible thing to have to go through. There are really no words than can comfort you in your sorrow, but you are her legacy and what a great one that is. My thoughts and prayers are with you in these deeply troubled times.

20. Dave50

Dave50

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Make the time you have count and remember the good times..

21. Hey Mark.......your mom with certainly be in my prayers tonite brother. Your loving memories will always honour her spirit and keep her close to your heart.

God bless Myrna

22. So very sorry to here this Skip. One of my very close friends is fighting bone cancer. It's not pretty. Bringing your Mom home to be in familar surroundings is the best thing you can do for her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

23. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thoughts and Prayers for your Mom and Family Skip, tough start of a New Year. Give Kelly a Hug for me and hang in there! Rocky

24. That's tough, man. Ya'll are in our prayers. (Nobody loves you like your Momma.)

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Great story and Memories!

26. I hope these messages help, but we all know that it can't replace the pain. So sorry to hear of your family's suffering and god bless your Mom.

27. draggler

draggler

Your doing the right thing ,and believe me you are not alone!
    Sounds like an awesome mom and all the things she has done for you and your brothers thru the years ! My wife and i went thru something similar
    with her mother and my stepmother less than 6 months apart and my mothers breast cancer the year before, so i can relate !
    Stay strong !
    Prayers sent!
    Really cool pic by the way!

28. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Royal,

I don't know you but I feel your pain. My mom is dying of terminal cancer also....not fun at all.

29. May God ease her pain and give her peace as she endures this sad ending to her life.
    I lost my father to cancer in 1991. Gary

30. Blue

Blue

I swear good Mums are God's angels.

Growing up, I don't remember a day when our Mum wasn't there for us.
    She passed away from cancer 17 years ago.

I feel your pain.