Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Myrna Elfrieda Skipper......My Mom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

She's a beautiful lady with a great son. My thoughts are with you man!

2. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Sorry Skip.......she's in good hands now.

3. I'm so sorry, man. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but I know there isn't. Hang in there. It'll be hard a rough road for a while but you'll get through it.

I lost my Mom to cancer in 1998. Sending thoughts and prayers from my family to yours.

4. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Sorry to hear man, I lost my dad on Sunday after a long struggle with cancer.

My thoughts are with you, if their is anything I can do or if you just want someone to talk to shoot me a PM.

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Add me to the list of people who have been there and feel the pain man. You never want to lose your mom but you also would never wish another day like that upon them. It's been almost 8 years for me and I still pick up the phone to call her sometimes. The only positive of cancer is that you know it's coming and you typically have time to sort out what needs to be said or done but hopefully things were never that far off base to start with. Prayers to you both.

6. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Some of us will never know how good we got it
    You Take care Skip

Tony

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry to hear...
    What is it about the tiny little cute gals that seem to make them larger than life?! My mom is the same...

8. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Mark.

9. M.Edell

M.Edell

Oh Man, sorry to hear that..Hang in there..

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

You are doing the right thing as others have said. Its a hard pill to swallow but time will heal your pain. Hang in there!!

11. Keep the faith brother.

It'll be a bumpy road for a while, but you'll have the memories to help make the ride bearable.

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Tough one. Sorry to hear that. Gary

13. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Sorry to hear about your mom. Lost mine 11 yrs ago come Feb. I still miss her and think about her alot. My thoughts are with you and your family.

14. swissmike

swissmike

Sending you and your family my best thoughts!

15. maniac

maniac

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you and your family.

16. Ill keep you & her in my my thoughts chief.

17. Tony

Tony

I'm very sorry, and sad to read this.
    I feel your pain, deeply. My mom passed on June 30, 2010. She wasn't ill at all, just went to sleep and didn't wake. There is not a day that go's by i do not miss, and think of her, not one.
    Cherish every moment they are with us..

Skip, you and family are in my thought's and prayers.

Tony

18. I just lost my dad. I have never felt so heartbroken, in my life. It still brings me to tears, but it does get a little bit easier, everyday. It's brought my mom & I closer, but I am so sorry to hear about yours. God bless you

19. belair

belair

Just love her-that's all moms want. I know you will treasure this time, and she will too. God bless you both.

20. Sorry to hear it RS- sounds like quite a lady.

Lost my Mom to ovarian cancer in 03. Coulda done without 2003.. lost both my Grandparents and Mom that summer, and miss each one- still, it will get easier with time. Stay strong.

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Sorry to hear this Skip
    Its never easy to lose a loved one, especially one so close and dear as your Mother

Cry about the sad times, laugh hard about the good times, and always hold her memories dear and close to your heart, she was the one who made your true heart what it is today and what it will always be deep down inside.

I will pray for you, and Her and your family

22. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

may god bless you and your family. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

23. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Skip........my sincere sympathies at this terrible time for you......I ran out of parents in 1998.......never easy......be strong for her.....

Your pal, Brucie

24. Sorry to hear that Skip.

Frenchy

25. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

So sorry to hear this Mark. I remember meeting her at your place a few years ago. She was a sweet lady! I know it's tough, especially since you guys just went through it with Kelly's mom a few months ago. My heart goes out to you guys! Find comfort wherever you can. -Donnie

(Nice words, Mazooma!)

26. KIRK

KIRK

My thoughts are with you. I lost my Mom to cancer many years ago , I know how tough it is.

27. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

Thoughts and prayers.....slide

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

So sorry to hear this Mark. We lost my mom this last July, the day after her 86th birthday. After my dad passed she had a rough time of adjustment but managed 9 years after his parting. She was almost the same size as yours but she took on the world raising my brother, sister, and I while my father was away as an air Force bomber pilot (which was often during the cold war). I held her hand as she drew her last breath and a more peaceful passing could not have been possible. I will pray you have the same privilage as yours passes to a place where there is no more pain and she can await you joining her again one day. May the Lord comfort you and your family and friends during this difficult time.

Frank

29. thoughts and prayers for her and all who are part of her life, thinking of you guys,

Drewfus

30. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Wishing you and your family peace and comfort.
    Lost my mom when I was 17,I am 63,still miss her.
    Embrace every moment.