Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got a new model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Jan 19, 2012.

1. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

That passenger-side fender is gonna need a little Simonize...

2. Thats an awesome A. I like your plans for it, and look forward to seeing it done.

3. Lucky77

Lucky77

I was watching that sucker on eBay, but didn't want to ship it all the way to Michigan. But now I see we're from the same state so let me know when you get bored with it :D

Great truck!

4. kingpins

kingpins

awesome truck i scored a 31 just like it a few weeks ago runs and drives. i have about the same plans as you with it. i love it. enjoy it.

5. RGG

RGG

That is one sweet truck - keep us updated...

RGG

6. olskool34

olskool34

I am going to try and repair the fender before I find a new one but you're right, she got banged up a bit there. It should be here Monday so I will take some better pics.

7. Great start! I like your idea of hopping up the banger and adding the '35 wire wheels with big and littles.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a nifty little truck. If that truck had been around this area it would probably have a riveted on patch next to the somewhat hammered out dent.

9. Congrats. That thing is PERFECT! Lately I've had a hankerin' for a Model A. You got a good one.

10. Nice truck, most of the Model As out here in the salty Atlantic rusted away in the 1940s. :)

11. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

I LOVE '28-'29 closed cab pickup's, but, at 6'5", and 235lbs, I don't really fit in 'em too well!

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Oh I like that a lot !!
    Good for you.
    And I also like your plans for it....
    Cheers.........

13. 067chevy

067chevy

14. olskool34

olskool34

No way Randy, you would not fit at all! LoL. I talked with the owner and he said the first owner put it in a ditch when he was coming back from the bar one night and banged up the fender. It has been in the previous owners hands since the mid - 50's so I guess I will be the third owner. Anybody got any good firestones that they want to part with?

15. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

The closed cab Model A pickups are just plain cool. Glad to see its coming to Mi.

16. olskool34

olskool34

Old owners just sent me this today of it being loaded up on Thursday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

18. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That's a nice looking 29.
    Get it running and drive the heck out of it!

19. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Sweet ride !

That cab is skinny, so you must be shaped like ??? Gumby poster boy, Mr Spaghetti, that super hero stretchy guy (forgot his name) ????

20. olskool34

olskool34

LOL! No, not really. I am 5'10", 180 pounds. I fit in my coupe ok so I hope I should fit in the truck. It is nice sometimes not being extremely tall, it helps me fit in these damn old cars!

21. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Congrats dude! Love it. Next time I am driving by I am gonna come check it out!

Mike

22. olskool34

olskool34

No problem Mike, you are always welcome.

23. drmrman

drmrman
    from new Jersey

Can't wait to see the progress :) good luck!

24. olskool34

olskool34

Just got word from the driver that they are stuck in Wyoming because of high winds and icy conditions. He said he was making great time but now it looks like it will be here Tuesday. He said alot of tractor trailers have flipped but he told me not to worry because the truck is on a drop deck and the winds don't harm them much. I'll keep you posted

25. olskool34

olskool34

Well, she's here!!! I am very happy with the truck, it does have it's dented up fenders but I am just going to hamer and dolly everything the best I can and call it good. First rule of business is to get her running, and safe to drive. I am so amazed at how fast it was to find the plant code, looks like it was stamped yesterday! Another funny thing, the plates on the truck are from 1977, the year before I was born. Also found regisration papers in the cab dating back to 1964. 82 years in California, now in good old Michigan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Congrats!! She looks very nice. Now that you've got a well rounded collection of A's don't be stealing any more from the west coast!!!! I still need to find mine lmao

27. olskool34

olskool34

Lol! I have to, there are no more left here in Michigan, especially not in this shape. You guys have all the good stuff!

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Love them trucks,
    Been looking to find one for a while, good to know some nice ones are still out there,
    and your not kidding about our choices here in Michigan.

29. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very cool old pickup.. congrats!!

Malcolm

30. olskool34

olskool34

My wife took this pic when it was pulling up, she thought it was hilarious showing how small it is compared to the Volvo tractor.

[​IMG]