Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are keystone klassics kool?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love them for some reason and I'm drawn to this thread like a train wreck.... Everytime it pops back up top I cant help but open it and hope for pics!!

2. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Shhh the babies sleeping

[​IMG]

3. Squablow

Squablow

The El Camino and the Caprice both have Cragar Street/Pro wheels on them. Basically the same thing but with a cooler center cap on them. Cragar still uses that name but on a totally different wheel now.

I have a hard time believing that the people who jump on here to say they hate them even looked at any of the pictures. Just like a Cragar S/S, I think they only look musclecar-ish with white letter tires.

I do agree that they're better looking without the black paint on the scallops, or with the whole centers painted grey. For me, the Kustomag was the much superior looking version of the wheels.

4. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

5. Da Injun

Da Injun

...Or they see what the majority are saying on the first page and follow like sheep. I agree the Kustomag is a MUCH better looking version, but I do like them all.

And to the actual thread topic....it is pretty stupid. Why do you have to ask if something is cool? Think for yourself...if you like it you like it. Who really gives a fuck if people do not think something is "cool" if you like it.

6. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

X2.
    I've never cared much for the Keystone Classic. Even back in thier day.
    But, I won't knock someone for putting them on thier car. I'll keep it to myself.

7. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

KEYSTONES SUCK!

[​IMG]

This car is not hamb friendly but I would rather drive this than an intentionally ruined and rusted, spider webbed out "rat rod" that screams "hey look at me! i'm hardcore and my car shops at Hot Topics!!" any day of the week.

8. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

OMG, I think I'm gonna throw up!!!

My eyes!! The goggles do nothing!!!

9. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

10. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

The look like shit on drag cars too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

12. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

13. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

14. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

15. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

16. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

17. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

18. MrChipFooce

MrChipFooce
    from LOCATION

Very nice
    wish they made for my mecedes

19. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, so much hate for a wheel. You'd think you guys were talking about Centerlines.

20. Zeke

Zeke

I have a crusty set of 14's that just might have to go on the 60 Biscayne now just because so many hate them.. :D

21. afaulk

afaulk

Oh yeah , and the blonde with the wheel is ugllllllly too!

22. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Thanks for the advise.. although that wasn't the intent of this thread.. I think well for myself.. but, in order to learn whats what.. and how thing went down. you gotta ask the question.. I'm only 30, and my era of wheels are 15x10 billet wheels with funky designs.. and lets not forget the 20 inch blades. I love the history of cars and anything automotive.. wheels are a part of that history and very hot topic and especially when it means something may be period correct or not.. So, now next time I'm out judging a car show, I see a set of keystones, I will know how it all went down. Not just some redneck who slapped em on his charger.

As far as what I do to my vehicle very little of what I have done has been due to persuasion or other peoples opinion of what I should do.. however, after being a member here I have learned and evolved my thinking to build a better more classic looking ride.

23. bobs54

bobs54
    from FL

believe it or not they were not all painted black!!
    i have a set of original keystones and they are the gold model,gold tan center with gold clear over the chrome,they were bought new,second owner of them,very very rare and cool on the right car!!i have never seen another set!

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

A set came on my '68 Camaro. I had no idea they were rare, and didn't think they were very cool. My dad took a sandblaster to one a while back and I thought it looked pretty decent that way. :eek:

25. 66cayne

66cayne

Sorry, disagree. Had a friend with a set on a very quick '55 Chevy. They looked great on that car...

26. Jason455

Jason455

They are cool on muscle cars.

27. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! On '70-'74 'Cudas

28. Deuces

Deuces

I still have jean jackets... And growing a mullet also... 52 and still livin' in the '70's... :D

29. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

They definitely look better than pretty much any modern wheel, but there are a lot of old school wheels that look better. One thing that makes them look a million times better is to strip the ugly black detail paint from between the spokes and run them with some skinny white walls or redlines if the late 60's vibe is your bag. There are some examples of them over on Los Boulevardos that actually look pretty good.

Nothing will ever be more traditional than a good 'ol set of steelies though.

30. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I wish you could see the photos over there without being a member. What little I've seen from those guys looks awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.