Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 57 Belvedere 4 Door Gone Mad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racrdad, Sep 16, 2009.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I like that paint scheme, it fits the car real well. Glad y'all are making progress again.

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am sure if you get a COE it will be off the hook............when your done with this start looking for one...........lol

3. Doug its been a while since i checked out your progress . Its looking excellant my friend . You and the guys are doing that old Belvedere justice. You should be rolling rubber next summer at this rate. Wish I could say the same , LOL!!! Andy.

4. The new front axle placement is spot on, 100% better!

5. Racrdad

Racrdad

Thanks for the positive input on the direction the paint scheme is heading. For some reason it looks white and purple on my monitors at work but at home on my computer it looks white and blue. It is supposed to be white and blue.

Yea Jim, I have deffinately have COE on the brain.....who knows, maybe so!

Thanks Andy! If I just had your motivation it would be done already!

Glad you approve, I am so much happier with the front end now.

I have gotten a little more work done lately but just trivial stuff that really doesnt merit posting pics of. Finally got the exhaust all finished up so it actually hooks together and is still able to be taken back apart and removed. Getting it snaked in and out of the body openings without a connection to large for the openings took a little thought and some trial and error. I really was just over thinking the whole thing really and once I decided how to do it it was no big deal really. I had to much angle on the steering shaft going from the column to the box so that has been corrected also. Steering arms needed a little heat and bending. Just little stuff that consumes time and seems like not much progress. Been planning out the seats and will be building those next. Still forging ahead little by little but I am starting to see light at the end of tunnel.

6. George

George

Looks white & lavender on mine, & that actually looks really good.

7. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Paint idea looks Killer , it really does fit the car. make that photoshop drawing a black and white pic and it would look like a true 50s Kustom. Again Very nice job.

I need more friends with skills and not so many arm chair quarter backs.

MrC.

8. Me, too. Me, too!

9. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

hey Doug I really dig the purple and pearl white look, i know you were shooting for blue but....maybe you could convince Justin from Oneshotkustoms to fly in and lay down some paint!!!! Either way the car is killer and i wish I wasnt so far away, I would love to be part of the rotation!!!

10. robleticia

robleticia

^^^^^he's alive!!!

11. shadams

shadams

DAMN! Spent all day going through this thread. Very good job. Wish I had friends that were even into cars let alone three or four that will help me build mine. Awesome....

12. Toner283

Toner283

The car is looking great. Can't wait to see it in color. I have one question though. Are you using the title from the belvedere? Or are you going to have to get it titled as a custom/home built?

13. Getting close now!

14. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

Any updates?? Or have you been like me and still eating turkey??

15. Jimm56

Jimm56

Happy New Year to this amazing build!
    I am envious of your skills, both designing and building. Just reread the thread and now am waiting for your next update. It's your car and do it the way you want, no matter what anybody else tries to tell you.

16. Steelsmith

Steelsmith

Racerdad, great progress! So glad to see you were not only able to retain your car, but you will actually be able to finish it!
    We're not all so fortunate.

Steelsmith

Spoggie likes this.
  17. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doug, are you out there? Maybe Doug has pulled a BrerHair on us . . .
    What about it Rob?

I disappeared from Ryan's World for nearly a year, was spending way too much time and felt I needed to cold turkey. Anyway, have been catching up on my subscribed threads.

What an awesome machine you have created here! Absolutely fantastic! Dripping with cool. Well done my friend. Well done.

18. Racrdad

Racrdad

I am still here, havent given up. Progress has been almost zero other than a whole day of block sanding and repriming but who wants to see that boring stuff. Now the holidays are over I have a little more time. Getting ready to have a shop built behind my house finally. Going from having a shop at home then having to move to a different house and only having a tiny garage kind of took the steam out of me for awhile plus all the crap that goes along with divorce. But, the personal crap is behind me now finally and 2012 is a moving forward kind of year! Got my HOA approval for my shop plans last night and let my builder know this morning so just waiting to hear back we he can fit me in his schedule. 2012 is already shaping up to be great!!!

And to those who are still encouraging me on this project I really appreciate it!! Cant wait to get back on it and show you guys some progress.

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Glad you're past the tough part, life can get f***ed up like a chicken soup sandwich sometimes. Have you settled on a color yet?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  20. Racrdad

Racrdad

Definately white with blue panels. Some flake in the blue, not heavy though. I am ready to finish this thing up!

21. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

glad to see the updates, on the project and how you are doing. i hope 2012 will be a good year for you as you rebuild your life.
    just wondering how big will the shop be? There are a lot of restrictions where i live, the one i added is about 10 to 20 Sq In below the maximum and quite a bit smaller than i wanted to go.
    the color combination sounds good.

22. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2. I have major garage envy, Doug.

23. robleticia

robleticia

^^^me too, I hate him right now.....oh wait....no I don't cause he is coming to my house this weekend to help me on a bike rebuild! I don't know if he really wants to help with the bike or he just wants to do something other than sanding!:eek::D

24. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Glad things are workin out for you. This project is awesome, and the world needs more crazy hot rods like this one.
    I love the panel paint idea. It fits perfectly w/ the style.
    Keep it up man!

25. Racrdad

Racrdad

Shop is going to be 30 x 50 with 3 bay doors and a 20 x 50 pad in front of the shop. Will finally be able to get all the rest of my tools and car related stuff out of the warehouse where I work. Its been nice to have free storage for a year but hate seeing my stuff just sit there collecting dust. I think I am going to have buy a least one more project to help fill the space! :D

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, its going to get finished....finally! :D:D:D

And I gotta help Rob get his bike back together so he can refocus on the 51 again!!!

26. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

Glad to hear about your new shop getting built. The BIG question is if it is going to be air conditioned???? Maybe robleticia will chime in on this one.;)

27. Racrdad

Racrdad

Eventually........:D

28. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I just read all 47 pages of this. You guys are madmen!!! keep up the great work!

29. robleticia

robleticia

As soon as you make a 5k donation to BGM Customs!