Register now to get rid of these ads!

Worlds fastest Commer...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Commer, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toni that's just a mean ass truck you got there buddy! I'd like to drive down someday (80 km) and have a look if that's ok

Klaus

2. Rodger, would love to come over to Denver, but my travel party are of another opinion...!
    Nice story in the Car Culture Mag, well deserved.
    How's the new book coming along, or is it already out?

Kuztomklaus, thanks alot and you are most welcome, just E-mail me first.

Having some problems with the uploads of pic's, but heres some...

Attached Files:

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

4. Tank

Tank

This thing is awesome! I like the mid engine V8! Great craftsmanship my friend!

5. Thanks folks, trying to post som more pic's, having some trouble with that... lets go again...

Attached Files:

6. Old turnsignal

Attached Files:

7. Just spent the last hour rereading this post. in a word "AWSOME"

8. Thax, dirt t.
    Trying with some more uploading...

Attached Files:

9. linkstar69

linkstar69

Those floor boards look good. Great project

10. Thanks linkstar69.
    Today I managed to remove the dashboard and sandblasted the rusty inside, well at least I tried...:mad:
    The little tab at the bottom of the dash is where the chain for the radiator curtain ran. You could hook up the chain in the little groove and by that regulate the amount of cold air that hit the radiator. A must on all cars in Sweden at that time... Aka "knee crusher"!

Since the look of the truck shall be as original as possible, with exception for some small details, I deceided to fill the two glove compartments and the gauge "hole" with home made (of course!) rose polished(?) stainless pieces.
    Made the polish tool from a steel bar, double sided tape and Bona Scrad, a Scotsch Brite type of pad, normally used for hardwood floor sanding.
    Made a punch "tool", cause I thought I needed a lots of them...
    but I used only one and it's still not worn out.

Will be continued...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
  11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I have no idea how I missed this thread. This is a pretty killer truck!

12. Gas mask

Gas mask
    from Canada

That's one cool truck, I'm gonna subscribe to this.

13. Interesting project there . is it a rear engine setup? More photos and details please....

14. Actually it's mid engined.
    Have you followed the thread from beginning? It's a lot of pictures there...

15. This is how the low cost, ol' style, racing inspired piece of scrap metal, turned out.
    Only worry is how to get km/h scale inside the speedo. The crome ring is crimpt on the case...

Oops, turned the gauges upside down, compared with the dash opening sketch... :eek:

Attached Files:

16. Is that a drill press you used to make the polished dash insert with? Very clever. I guess a valve could also be used as a base to hold the scott pad and that should fit directly in the press.

Klaus

17. Yepp, a drill press, a coordinate table(?) and an old steel rod. A valve is of course the optimal solution, but I couldn't find any lying around.
    Little tricky when I had to move the piece on the table, cause the table movement was not big enough.
    I have seen small café tables with the same pattern on the top, about 60-80cm in diameter... :cool:
    But they would probably miss them quite quickly! :eek:

18. Just have to add my compliments on your build. Great work and the fab work is coming out real nice. I have never even heard of a Commer before reading this thread.

19. Thanks 38Chevy454.

Did a test with some LED strips (from Radio & TV accessory shop, cheaper there!) and some Lexan leftovers from a shelf divider.

Brushed the Lexan matt and placed the LED's behind.
    Made two glove box handles out of some stainless scap pieces, wich I also brushed, inserted the LED strip and put more Lexan on top.
    The light is not so intense as the pic's shows.

Was planning to polish the glove box hatch too. But it would probably be "too much". Will paint them instead, same colour as the dash.
    Or maybe weld them flush...

16 colours, dimmer and remote control, the ladies are on their way!!! :D

Attached Files:

20. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Pretty cool & interesting build "from the get go", it will be a unique ride and yet have a traditional appeal once finished! Beautiful job of engine tuning on your dash panel, I don't think turning the other two would be "over the top" if you really wanted to do that. Your lighting is cool but [only my personal taste here], I think the center panel which will be viewed indirectly is somewhat more effective than the side bars which are seen directly, and would have plenty of visual impact on it's own.

A little OT briefly, I notice you're from Malmo, ...I'm involved with my family's geneology, and that's where my paternal great Grandpa came from [great Grandma was Swede too]. Sadly, that's the branch of the family I know the least about, ...but I'm looking! Our name is Eckberg now [he changed it upon emigrating] it was Aagesson. Love to get over there one day, partiularly if I can find some kin!

Keep up the fine work, I'll be following your thread! Eric

21. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Worlds fastest commer? Well my gf calls me the minute man.. Oh wait you said commer not....;) jk

I love this thread. I will be subscribing to stay up to date with the progress. Great work!

Thanks,
    "Skrach"
    My Vintage Blog:
    www.VividlyVintage.com
    My 55 Chrysler Worklog:
    www.Pop's55.com

22. Thanks 53Hattie.
    OT.
    A quick glance in the phone book gives 16 Aagesson, most of them in an area where most Swedes emigrated from, about 200 km N of Malmö. None in Malmö city.
    Let me know if there's anything else I can look for.

23. I like the blue LED's. Red is a little much.
    Terry

24. Ha ha, good one. Will not spread my GF's nick name on me :eek:

25. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Haha is it pookie bear or something?

Thanks,
    "Skrach"
    My Vintage Blog:
    www.VividlyVintage.com
    My 55 Chrysler Worklog:
    www.Pop's55.com

26. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Toni, Thanks for the bit of info, much appreciated! If I have other OT questions may I PM, so as not to derail the thread?

27. Vividlyvintage:

It's actually "The Gigant"!

(But she laughs when she says it...) :confused:

28. Please feel free to do so.

29. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

Haha

Thanks,
    "Skrach"
    My Vintage Blog:
    www.VividlyVintage.com
    My 55 Chrysler Worklog:
    www.Pop's55.com

30. Yeehaw! Led lights and naughty hints! that didn't take long to find the gutter!! :)
    Penthouse magazine article next! Ha ha!

Klaus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.