Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1962 lincoln continental build "the green mile"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southgacustoms, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wont lie, you do great work, but that dash and interior has got to go. It kind of ruined it for me.

2. I have to agree with that 100%. You should probably edit this and take that out. I know my little 170 will run forever with all the work i've put into it.

3. southgacustoms

southgacustoms

slowly my wifes been out of a job for a few months so its held back any spending money did drive it the other day and leave a 300yard long peel out in front of my house

air ride is done all the time and I hear how great it is but I m not happy with hearing the buzz from a motor, trying to hide a big air tank etc etc.... my hydros are hidden dont take up any more room then needed and it will last alot longer then bags will. And before you say no to the last one trust me I had a car that was drivin daily for nearly 15 years and not one drop of fluid ever had to be added or anything happen to it, its all in the install.

awesome thanks!

the sprinkles did it:D

its going to have to stay for right now I do have plans later to go through it and redo the seats in a older style pattern and something to the dash as well. But things cant all be done at the same time damn!

yea you guys took that the wrong way, Ive had less cars that would go anywhere...but....BUT in the case of my car every part is nearly available, if...IF and older car with a nearly obsolete motor possibly went out way out in the middle of know where yor in alot worse luck then I am, plus these old 430's are more then I wanted to takle and try to keep up with all their hard to get and expensive parts (I originaly planned on a high tunned 302 before the conversion though)

any way I did manage to buy my tires for it today I need to get my wheel tubs next week so I can protect my wiring up front and other parts. Once I get that in I can start driving it full time and working on it as well ( I use my lunch breaks to work on her:rolleyes:)

4. southgacustoms

southgacustoms

oh and your not going to scare me off...your guys ranting is not even nearly as close to the pure hatred unleashed on me from some lincoln purists for cutting up a car lol.

5. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

any updates? love the build, and the ins and outs of how you put two cars together like that. It really helps with ideas for floors and panels. thanks for the great pics.

6. They would really shit if they saw what I do with them.

7. benmoo

benmoo
    from Sonoma, CA

I greatly admire what you're doing with this project. I plan on taking on a similar project using a '05 Crown Vic chassis, floor plan, and firewall combined with a '65 Mercury Comet.

How feasible is it to complete something like this without access to professional frame alignment tools like you have at your body shop?

I agree with others on this board who say that it would be easier to simply update the vintage chassis, but I sympathize with your reasoning. I want reliability, modern features, and I have a very small budget.

Please continue to post updates as you smooth out all the details!

8. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

anything new on this build ? you do some great work on the body drop and swap onto a modern chassis , this thread was worth it just to see all the fabrication and installation ,good job

9. Reijer

Reijer

Try me.

10. 2165 Turbo Rail

2165 Turbo Rail
    BANNED

11. edweird

edweird

you have mad skills my friend! keep up the great work.

12. leadhead51

leadhead51
    from ontario

just found this thread,awsome.i personally don't care what lies beneath mechanically,but the dash blows! why didn't you leave the org in it.i know you have plans for the dash but theres nothing that can be done to the 99 dash.that said keep pluggin away,it will be an awsome highway cruiser when done.

13. modeleh

modeleh

I admire what you have done so far in a short amount of time. You will have a really nice highway cruiser when you're done.

One thing I will say is that one of your reasons for using the 99 running gear and electronics systems is because parts for the 62 are obsolete, which I agree, they are hard to get, as I own a 62 myself, but over on the Lincoln forum, there was a guy complaining that he couldn't get a throttle cable from the dealer for a 2001 Continental. The consensus was to search the wrecking yards. Basically, what I'm saying is that I hope you don't find that 10 years from now, parts will be harder to get to keep the 99 going, than a 62.

14. You asked. Ha ha.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  15. Reijer

Reijer

16. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

Hey great job! I remember reading on the lincoln forum when you found that car! Glad to see one of us is making progress on our cars! Cant wait to see it done.

17. southgacustoms

southgacustoms

thanx buddy! when I do redo the interior I plan on trying to retro it a bit, right now it is road worthy and ive been driving the hell out of it~!

18. Yeah but.... How easy is it to fix a new car. If you carry spare parts in your trunk it is WAY easier to fix an old car at the side of the road than a new car. I used to work in autoparts stores. You would be very surprised how much stock they DON'T have even for newer cars.

19. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

I just think he means that junk yards supply a lot more parts for newer cars like his 4.6 V-8 from the Town Car vs. 430 parts...back in the day that was not the case..there were tons of them around in every late 50 's and 60's Lincolns but they are getting hard to find and on one makes parts like like they did...can't find a correct fuel pump for the MELs cheap today!

20. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Update pics would be much appreciated!

-KK

21. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

22. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

23. southgacustoms

southgacustoms

sorry for not updating ill try to get some updates moved over here, buddy is right I wouldnt have had a chance to be able to drive this car without spending a unreasonable amount of cash. Swaping the body over was my logical choice in this matter, parts right now are plentifull for the 4.6 panther platform and I imagine with the many years they were built and in service and the shear numbers they were built parts wont be to bad to obtain years to come. I would have loved to do it with the original engine/trans etc etc but there was absolutly no way even if I saved money there was no way. As it stands I have no more then 2k in this project with both cars and materials so far, I think thats a hell of an ivestment in a custom car.

24. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I love this car, are there updates on the other forum you post on?

25. southgacustoms

southgacustoms

brb with the updates

26. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

27. southgacustoms

southgacustoms

damb computer wont let me copy&paste from my other thread grrrrrr wtf it wont show the pics no laughin!! well whatever when I get a chance ill get on a better computer and get it updated.

28. Red Magnum

Red Magnum
    from sacamento

what does it look like today

29. Great job, nice car!

30. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

[​IMG]

Its all good but this wheel well didn't work out well.. hope he fixes it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.