Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anyone out there put a V8 in a 49 Dodge pu

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gman smith, Jan 17, 2012.

1. gman smith

gman smith
    from so calif

I have 49 dodge pilot house pu and I would like to put a 318 in it. Have any of you done it and what did it take to do it?

2. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

yea - ive got a 360 set up in my 48 (still in build but that part is complete) - 318 would be a swell choice also! Do you still have your flat 6 though? Where ya at in Socal? it took welding and cutting ......seriously though what questions do you have?

3. go to www.P15-D24.com this website and go under the pilothouse part, these guys have done it numerous times and are really knowledgeable.

4. Jon1953B4

Jon1953B4
    from MD

As moparman brought up about the pilothouse forum, there is a writeup on using a volare front clip.

Also Laidout on the HAMB used a mustang II setup. I've talked to him a little about doing something similar with my 53', I'd imagine other than that just making custom mounts and rolling with it.

Good luck.

Jon