Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Ford Model A research project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FlatheadsForever66, Jan 17, 2012.

1. FlatheadsForever66

FlatheadsForever66
    from Arizona

Hey Hambers! I am a senior in high school and am doing my senior/research paper on the ford model a. I am going to describe how it set a standard for cars after it and how it contributed to the automotive industry by its innovations. I need resources and would love to learn more about the model a. post what you know and help me out. thank you it is much appreciated.

2. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

why not the 32 Model B with its V8 for the common man?

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

An excellent resource would also be fordbarn.com

4. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Or PM Bruce Lancaster. Gotta be enough information in his head to blow your mind!

5. FlatheadsForever66

FlatheadsForever66
    from Arizona

okay. I chose to do the model a because I just finished mine and am going to use that for my product to go with my project.

6. 201

I don't know if the Model A actually set any "standards" as far as all the other auto's produced at that time if you took in cosideration the cost.You would have to reserch other makes in that price range and power.
    I think the price and maby the ease of doing repairs played alot into the sales of the "A".
    My Dad, who was born in the 'teens used to bust my chops becase I was all over the A's and B's. He said back then for alittle more money back then you could get a lot more car elswhere.
    If you got repo's of the Ford liteture from say Mac's, or Snyder's, and Gaslite concerning the A, you could elaberate on what "Ford" said the strong points of the A where.

7. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

Model A Ford Club of America (MAFCA) would be an excellent historical resource. Members of the H.A.M.B. generally can tell you only how to chop up a Model A ;-)

The A was significant because it was a successful seller despite America being mired in the Great Depression. The Model A was like McDonalds hamburgers: not the best car produced but the right formula of affordability, reliability, marketing and style. It really became the car for the masses. It DID set one standard: it was the first vehicle to standardize our modern conventional clutch, brake, throttle, shifter control format.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  8. Try these www.mafca.com Model A Ford Club of America and www.modelaford.org Model A Restorers Club. Plenty of info here. Lots of books at the local library as well on the Model A Ford.

9. FlatheadsForever66

FlatheadsForever66
    from Arizona

thank you all so very much. this helps out a lot

10. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

There's probably others, but check these three books - The Legendary Model A Ford by Winnewisser...Original Ford Model A by Schild...The Ford Model A "As Henry Built It" by DeAngelis, Francis and Henry.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012