Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Lincoln parts interchange question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Jan 16, 2012.

1. BBobb

BBobb

Are there other mid fifties years Lincoln,Ford, or Mercury front suspension parts such as ball joints...ect that will interchange with the 1955 Lincoln Capri and if so where do i look for them. I think i have come to the conclusion that if the part has 55 Capri written on it the cost is through the roof. Thanks for any help

2. sherm II

sherm II
    from central Pa

BBobb, unfortunately u are right 55 capri parts are out of sight. I dont know of any interchange . my wifes 55 2dr capri gets lots of looks and they are deffinatly a cool cruiser. Kanters in NJ has some parts listed ,when I checked you had to send your old ball joints in before they would ship new ones to you. SHERMII

3. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98

hollander says continental 56-57 and lincoln 52-57 for ball joints and tierod ends.

4. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

There are a few parts that make me second guess driving my 55, like the ball joints and the windshield....

I have READ that the reconditioned Cantor ball joints don't wear that great. That is a lot of money for a product that might not be that great.

That said, I drive my 55 Capri all the time.... livin on the edge.... :D

5. I used to have a 55 and the guy i sold it too said customline stuff was the same or close too, so i think you would be right with merc and other brands around the same year.
    I have a 54 manual at home, I can shoot you some parts numbers from that if you have a cross ref from other models.
    I really dont see why they would be different.