Register now to get rid of these ads!

Damn it! I hate misplacing parts!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Chris, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Like it says, dont you just hate it when u misplace parts... I tore apart my front suspension on my 54, and now that I and trying to put it together I cant find all the damn nuts that hold the cross shafts in!!! you know the big one that has the nipple for the grease fittings in them. I tried looking for the pieces individually on chevsofthe40's and nationchevyasso but they sell me the whole shaft with the bolt and i don't need them all... Dose anyone know where I can find them separate?

Or better yet does anyone have an old clip they can take them off and sell me?

2. ... those magnetic cups work for me.... pull-a-part on the missing stuff would seem to work.

3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whenever I misplace anything and all my searching for hours yields nothing, I break down and ask my wife to help me find it. She usually locates the lost item in about a minute or so and silently hands it to me with a condescending smile and goes back in the house without saying a word. Really pisses me off, but I get the missing part.

4. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

"Loss is nothing else but change. and change is nature's delight." -Marcus Auerilius

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I usually find what I lost , , After a go and buy another one

It will be the last place you look:rolleyes:

6. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

Of course it is, why would you keep looking after you found it? :D

7. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ive got a whole garage full of parts I cant find,I have a 5 gallon homedepot bucket I use for bolts ,Just for the car,Havent lost a bolt yet and sandwhich bags are great also....I throw them in the bucket ,You need the ziplock........

8. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

HEY, I am glad the garage gremlins have gone to your garage....now they might leave me alone!!!!!!

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Moooahahahahaha:D

10. trimph1

trimph1

My garage, such as that is, is home to a couple of portals to another dimension. That is where all my misplaced parts go.

11. Go out there and start looking for your missing 1/2" wrench or phillips screwdriver. While looking for them, your bolts will magically appear. You won't be able to find your tools though.

12. I rebuilt the engine in my Dodge truck and for the life of me, I could not figure out where I put my harmonic balancer. I looked everywhere and then remembered that I had taken a bunch of stuff to the wrecking yard. OH CRAP!!! I went outside to tell my wife that I was going to the yard to possibly find it. I turned around and saw it holding up the corner of my house! I had used it as a shim to raise the house a couple of inches.

Attached Files:

13. SASROD

SASROD

I never lose anything, I just hav'nt had enough time to look in "the last place" yet!

14. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Fuck I hope not!:eek: