Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guys I have a problem!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasoline Junkie, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLCK64

SLCK64

I think that basis of the replies is that it would be futile fight because that new 5 0 would just up the ante every time to the point where the kid would be using all his money to eventually lose. That 5.0 would smoke him with every mod.

2. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

Thats my feeling , the key word BOUGHT , any one with money can buy , hell I have had a '99 Corvette FRC with a 6 spd very fast and it stopped a nd turned also , a weak point of Mustangs , but there is no character in a store bought , that's why we are here . IMHO

3. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Big deal......grow Up......don't let what some rich kid has dictate your life........you'll have that all your life, might as well get used to it........I say deep down there is a female to impress somewhere in this or a so called Friend that says you can outrun him.........get over it.

4. whiskerz

whiskerz
    from Ga.

You are going to need more than 350 he starts with 400 and change and a lighter car . It will be cheaper to drop in a big fat motor or go buy a new Mustang

5. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Forget about it your not going to beat him with a Chevy best ideas yet get a Mustang !

6. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

+---

yea thats just the way it goes. First your money then your cloths

it doesnt take much to be better than my stuff but still "damn proud" of what i got

7. brad chevy

brad chevy

Whos being the kid here anyway. Send me that 56 and I'll give it a good home. You can throw all the crap under the hood you want and maybe out run him 1/8 mile,but all he has to do is change his stock chip to 300 more horsepower and blow your doors off. Give me the address and I will come pick it up and you won't have no more problem.

8. 3340

Pick up his girl friend instead.

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is it all in your mind, or did you and him have a little "talk"? If so, who's doin' the big talkin'? Him...or you? Or both of ya? Let him be the big talker...it's ok...just smile, and have fun. There's a lot more to these old hot rods, than just going fast...the style, the history, etc. You think that the guys runnin' flatheads are gonna worry that a new Mustang is faster? Don't worry...be happy. Too many people tryin' to be "better". Don't try to be better than others...in any way. Try to be better than you were yesterday, and you'll be fine.

Reminds me of a song...

I gues I shoulda kept my mouth shut when I started to brag about my car
    But I can't back down now because I pushed the other guys too far...lol.

10. At least your carbon footprint is larger than his.

11. You have a lot to learn about our hobby...

There are thousands of stories like yours.

12. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

This must be a joke post. Who wants to street race anyway... I did, costs me 867.00 ticket, suspended license one year and upped insurance rates for three years after that! Total cost over 4,000.00 if you really want to beat him I suggest Jon kaase 521" boss with a lentech auto....course you'll spend another 6-8 k on suspension and upgraded reared...altogether about 30k. Why don't you wait a few weeks and the young snapper will put it in a ditch or worse. There is always some douchebag with more ponies than common sense, let him drive on by!

13. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I kind of wonder if it is a joke post as well.
    Put a 30k engine and rear end into a '56 Chevy 4-door Cruiser type car and he will probably beat the Mustang...maybe. I can think of a lot of better ways to spend that much coin.

14. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

JUST get over it .. THE GUY WITH THE DEEPEST POCKETS USEALLY ALWAYS HAS THE FASTEST RIDE. I ALWAYS TRY TALKING THEM RICH PUNKS INTO PUTTING A BOTTLE OF "NOS" IN THEIR RIDES. THEN YOULLL SEE HOW MUCH MONEY DAD HAS AFTER THEY EITHER WRECK IT OR BLOW IT UP

15. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Move to a poorer neighborhood..

16. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

do a search for bad banana on here thats a good start and will still have style doing it

17. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

It used to be about cubic inches.....now it's about cubic dollars.

You're profile says you are a mechanic. Do what mechanics did back when they were really mechanics (and not code reader/parts changers) and try some trial and error. Speed would never have gotten this far if everybody settled for logging onto a message board and asked for recipes with contingencies.

You got to be willing to put the time, money, and risk of failure on the line to get what you want.

18. I got a kid with a newly worked over Honda here in the neighborhood. The only thing that wories me about his 60mph blasts down the street is; is he going to ruin it for me and my cars ? Do I think I can out run him, sure I do, but I don't shit in my own backyard either. I would grudge night race him at the track in a heartbeat though.

19. slammed

slammed

A 1970-'72 Buick/Olds 455 will help the cause. Otherwise, move on to a much smaller lighter car, to compensate for the late model injection, 'puter, ect.

20. RFOSTER

RFOSTER

x2!!!!

21. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

Let's hope he gets the message...

22. GET OVER IT!!!! You are better off just laughing at him everytime he drives by knowing that the car won't be around for too long. With that said, I had a 91 saleen years ago, that I removed all the electronics, 750 edelbrock, dual plane intake, 3" pipe with race magnum mufflers, 1 7/8 pipe headers, kyb suspension, traction bars, dual sway bars, all the upholstery removed but two seats and the dash, 3:90 gears and alot of speed contest tickets!!! (5 in 2 months from when I finished changing the car) Car was a sleeper other than the sound, and it would run high 10's low 11's in the quarter. I started thinking it was a game to out run the cops, and I finally came to my senses and HAD to sell it before I killed myself or someone else. Sometimes you just have to know when to throw in the towel, and laugh! "You have to be young and dumb before you become old and wise!"

23. haychrishay

haychrishay

This echo's what was said earlier in different ways. if you like what you are driven who cares what the other guy thinks. I am no drag racer but I had a 67 vette with a 454, 4 spd and 4:11's and it wasn't near as fast or as quick as the 06 Mustang Gt that I bolted a Vortech supercharger on. There is somethin to be said for this new technology

24. voodoo1

voodoo1

If you are truely a Hamber. Why are you worried about a O/T car? Mike

25. More fun too! ! Plus that's something he's going to take a lot harder than you running down his daddies wallet.

26. 61falcon

61falcon

get the go fast parts and take both cars to the track. that's where racing belongs and where hot rods are meant to be!

27. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Let it go Some guy in a tuner pushing a 1000 hp out of a tuner will blow both your doors off one day,Just enjoy the ride and quit trying to be number one......

28. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Lmao

29. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

Guy I work with got one too. He started hopping it up, talking "horsepower".

I got him to take it to the 1/8th mile where it promptly BROKE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.