Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guys I have a problem!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasoline Junkie, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

Some rich kid in my neighborhood got a new mustang from his daddy. 5.0, 6-speed and 3.73 gears this thing is pretty quick. I need to blow this kid's doors off. My car needs to be louder, faster, and badder than his! I have a 350/350 combo and 4:11's. I was thinking of getting an edelbrock top-end kit because I'm not that good at picking out cams based on manifolds and heads and think that's a good way to have a well-tuned setup. What should I do??

2. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I'd wait about a month, and after he wraps it around a pole and kills his buddy riding with him, then you won't have to worry about it anymore...

3. Do nothing ...

So there's someone faster ... get used to it, there always will be.

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Pull up with him at a light. Signal you wanna race. When the light turns green, just sit there. Pisses em off everytime.

5. big creep

big creep

really? sound like you want to start a pissing contest! who gives a shit what he drives? his daddy bought it for him, if you bought yours and not your dad, you win! plane and simple!

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

shave weight as much as you can too;)

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Buy a Mustang. :D

Don

8. With a good driver that knows how to launch one, those cars will run high 11's stock. And they hook pretty well on the street. Even a numpty can get mid 12's out of one.
    You're not only going to need a bunch of power, but some suspension tuning and good tires to out run him.

9. Spork!

Spork!

No matter how fast you are, there will always be someone faster!

That being said, ZZ502 and your problems will be solved. :D

If you want to keep your SBC, it's hard to give advise without knowing more about your current set up.

Motors should be built with a specific HP/Torque goal in mind and formulate a step by step plan to get there.

You have 4:11's which will help you out but what are you running for tires?

Lot's of variables involved.

10. There's always that possibility that he has a bigger dick too.

11. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

12. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

I know there's always someone faster, I just don't want it to be him! My engine as far I know just has an edelbrock 2101 and a mild cam. Trans has a shift kit in it, and I have 245-wide coopers in the back.

13. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

Clever.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Dude, I get circle jerkers that want to race my T all the time. I just laugh at 'em. They're NOT even worth the gas. And his dad getting it for him puts him in the line with all the other pussies you'll run into while driving an old car.

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

On man, we have ourselves a wreckless Don't get it thru his head to drop it kinda person here :rolleyes:.

16. RodStRace

RodStRace

either buy a faster car or move.
    Do you really think it's his car that's beating you or is it your attitude?

17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

The title to the thread say's it all.

18. RodStRace

RodStRace

19. big creep

big creep

you could buy a IROC, i know what they used to call guys in Long Island who used to drive them.

20. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Get a 2013 Shelby, 650 HP.

21. Welcome to Reality. Somebody is always faster, makes more money, has a bigger house, a hotter-looking girlfriend, and a better job than you do. Get used to it.

It blows, but that's life.

22. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

Yup you need help and some $$$$$ too! I was going to be a smart ass and tell you to ask dad for a loan. But my best advise is forget about it!!! Not worth your time or effort. by the time you are done his car will be at the wreckers anyway.

23. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

Help. Help. Help. Someone has a street car that can go faster than me. There is speed and then there is speed that really counts. Sounds like you need to build a Bonneville car.

Attached Files:

24. Hot Rod Grampa

Hot Rod Grampa

I have to laugh and belive this post is a hoax. I don't want to believe that anyone that drives a real hot rod would even give a hoot. What will the bugger do when daddy buys junior a saleen? Laugh as you drive by him in style knowing anyone with money can buy a new mustang, but only special people can build their own dream car.

25. trimph1

trimph1

26. I've found the biggest difference to be had without major expense is a REAL performance tune on your current set up by someone that knows what they are doing. Every single car I work on with a carb and distributor needs to have the carb and timing set. I've shaved a FULL second of 1/4 mile E.T. on a supposed "race car" with a simple performance tune up. That is where I would start.

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Even if you end up beating him word will get around and the "next faster" gun will be hunting you down. Been at this for over 50 years and the only thing I'm scared of is "daddy's wallet".......there is just no beating that one. Time to take a reality check and get him where it will really hurt.....................have a pair of his girl friends panties swinging from your rear view mirror.

Frank

28. Find someone who is good at picking out cam and intake combos. The intakes and heads are pretty good but I am not really impressed with their heads.

So he has already waxed you or you just think he can.

29. V8Vixen

V8Vixen
    from South FL

If it's already faster than you, you may just end up in a game of catch up. Those cars take to mods very nicely so with a little bit of money he'll be faster than you probably want to be...

Unless he does what post #2 says and drives foolishly. I love Mustangs but sometimes their owners are the worst breed of all kind.

30. bdj406

bdj406

put a set of drag radials on the back an put a 125hp shot of nos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.