Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Project....1938 Fiat Topolino.....Lil Beast...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ya, i need a nice internal hyd throwout bearing..no slave cylinder...nice matching clutch and pressure plate ...all to bolt up to my wc t-5...

but the important part is, it has to be free:eek::eek::eek::eek:.........or come with a payment plan:D:D:D:D

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

There's a guy from Killbillet looking as well. He's pretty serious about it. The other guy needs a door and some odds and ends if it is who I think it is. Is there an internal hydraulic throw out set up for the T5? I've only seen the external slave cylinder types on those.

3. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  4. Dan, i heard from the one guy....mich met....never heard from anyone else....

the to bearings, i found a couple of manufactures for the WC T-5 last year....but i looked at the links Kenneth posted and did not see one listed for the World Class gm T-5...just the ford wc...........:confused::confused::confused:..........

i do know it takes a different to for the gm t-5 and the gm wc t-5...i ever get enough funds to spend on it, i'll hunt one up;)

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Its looking good Mark, thanks for having us out the other day
    I know your busy keeping it all going, when winter sets in it will give you something to do other than freeze your ass off.
    I bet you could get it to be a driver by spring

6. it was great to have you guys over...talk about making me wanna do something to the topo.....i look up and see............ randy's A 3.jpg

the A is really sweet looking and sounding

randy's A.jpg

randy's A 2.jpg

yeah, i been trrying to get back to Lil Beast....but still too much other stuff going on....still....i need to get some tin together and get the panels done...and run brake lines .....and..........:eek:

7. how about a Halloween type shot????????

DCFN0006.JPG

8. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

inspiration...

Thunder Valley Dragways
    Marion, SD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. wheels up with injection!!!!!! talk anout morning wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i'm slowly gettin some stuff done...worked on gettin the fuel tuned last nite.......srill a bit rich//////

10. well if i hadn't fried the battery for my camera, i'ld load some pics of the current progress....been working on some of the floor tin under the seat.....figured it would be a good place to start .......easy to hide what is under the seat:rolleyes:........the trans tunnel and the flooring around it is going to be the hardest.....trying to squeeze as much toe room in as possible.....

but hey, it's a lil progress...seems there is always something needing to be tended to before the hotrod.....:(:(:(

11. seat tin going in....rough cut and ready for welding and final trim once the front riser is fabed and fitted..........lots of notching and triming...not too many plain flat areas......tonite i finished up around the passengers side of the seat....wrap up into the right rear wheelwell ...and the small curving peices along the floor edge.....pain rolling 16 ga without any kind of rolling device....

lil beast seat tin.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  12. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Looks great Mark. Hopefully you have your house repairs done in Cincy and the Topo can get more much needed attention.:D:)

13. thanks Bob...been along time waiting to get back to really working on Lil Beast...i've got it to where the right side is all cut last nite, but i'm having trouble with getting pics up (old cell phone half the time won't send the pics propperly)
    today hopefully i'll get the left side wrappped up..to the pedals at least....i still need a clutch and hyd setup, so the pedal area will be last..

then the rear upper area of the tin behind the seat....still needing some bracing there, but it has been on hold because it ties into the rear tail area....this is still a mess, but i been fooling around with trying to get some of the busted up tail peices fabbed....which is holding up the rear frame work that is left to do to support the tail...and hang my hidden receiver for the teardrop trailer to be hooked to.... reallly hard without any real metal working tools.,,,.....doing all the tin with just a grinder, hammers and dollies....guess this would be enough if i was a good tin knocker:eek:

14. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Sounds like your getting there. Have yourself a great christmas. The engine for my Fiat is finally assembled and almost ready for a run on the dyno. After that it goes to get the roll cage and headers fabbed. But before that I need to make my body mounts. I was cruising around you tube and stumbled on the video of lil Beast running outside your garage. Sounded and looked great.
    Happy holidays,
    Bob:)

15. Happy Holidays back at ya Bob:D......the vid a freind of mine shot on a cheap digi cam..in summer of '10:rolleyes:..and it was before i played with the carb i picked up ...the vid is veiwable below........maybe:eek:...........

[​IMG] <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

the carb came setup fattier then :(...and when i went to give it a small rev i bumped the choke closed:mad:...so it loaded up real fast....bone stock '56 325 hemi......it'll get some goodies after the Beast gets fully assembled:cool:....

but i'm out there getting at it again, just came in, forgot me glasses:p....maybe some pics later tonite of days progress:confused:

16. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Sounds great! Keep up the good work!

17. yeah not bad for a stock 1956 hemi:cool::cool:......it was stored for about 30+ years....guy deals in old hemi's down in the mountains of PA....talked to a few people and he was said to be a honest, reputable dealer...he even talked me out of another 325, the one i called about, he had when i told him i was looking for a hemi that would hold up for a few years.....the other he had ran, but said he knew the past history on this one for sure....traded some nos hemi blower pistons that i picked up with another hemi...354,,,which i ended up trading off to Kirk Hanning here on the Hamb for some help with getting Lil Beast frame where i wanted it....definitely got way more out of the 354 hemi and pistons then i dreamed of....

18. lil bit further tonite........

beast tin front 2.jpg

beast tin front 3.jpg

beast tin front 4.jpg

beast tin front.jpg

19. a few more peices cut in tonite.i ran out of discs:(...still lots of fine triming to do, but they fit fairly well...mainly have to trim the butting together peices at the vert and horz runs.....and get started on cleaning enough area to weld in the tin..........i striped the outside of Lil Beast by hand with 3M paint and rust remover wheels and will use the same on the inside....

beast tin xmas 3.jpg

working on a peice to repair the missing section on the right side edge of the tail,,,,,

Lil Beast xmas 2.jpg

Lil Beast xmas3.jpg

20. my new Lil man, Dozier says, ya been back out in the garage???again????

Dozier xmas morn.jpg

took a day or 2 off after working on it xmas and xmas eve....started back in last nite and a lil today....start the new year propper..:cool:...tins all rough whittled in, worked on the pedal cut outs today...playing with the "how skinny and flat can ya make the trans tunnel....small space for all 3 pedals....
    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

21. 32highboy54

32highboy54
    from southport

The Fiat next to the ChevyII in the picture was mine. The picture was taken at a goodguys show in Nashville. I sold to a guy in Las Vegas back in 2007. Great car but no room whats so ever. I am 6"1

22. i've had thst pic of your topo in my collection of topolino pics for a while now,,,,,been collecting topolino pics for years way before i got mine....love the contrast, gassser chevy, drop nose topo:cool:

23. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Ain't you done yet?

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Its never over

was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?:eek::D:p

25. No Danny, i'm not done....yet....just too much stuff interfering with me progress all the time...working on the body mounting..got 90% of the flooring cut and ready to weld...hey it's more then has been done in the last 1 1/2 years:(............threw in a few more supports, probably overkill, but:eek::eek:.........we're going forward again....money is trying to get better at the truck stop, a lil luck and i'll get that clutch system cash together....

i also found a few mistakes made in the past:eek::eek::eek::eek:..but it's my first build:D.....i get a few of the mounting bugs straightened out and the floors will drop in and the body finally get bolted down....then the motor gets pulled and the firewall fabbed in......

then maybe i'll get to run down the road ......:cool:,,,,,maybe:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i will say it is alot more work then i ever figured on, taking a shell and turning it into a rod....i look at the model a builds and think, gee i should have fallen in love with a model a......everything is available to weld them together and then chop, cut or do whatever ya want to em....building subrails, fabbing in the roof,,,,,if i'ld of know in the beginning, i probably wouldn't have had the balls to take on such a project.....:eek:...but now that i have it , lets just say i won't quit till i'm drivin it or dead...whichever comes first:eek::D:D......

Randy, you're killing me:p:p:p.........

26. afaulk

afaulk

Like me, you sir are a glutton for punishment, I love it.

27. well beat me some more...headin out for some more abuse, er work on the topo:p

28. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

If it does kill you...give your wife my number. I know it fits on my trailer!!!

You going to Kzoo next Saturday?

29. afaulk

afaulk

Better get off the couch man! Racing season is just a few weeks away.

30. she says no problem....it would save her on a hearse and coffin, burying me in it....says ya just gonna have to hold your nose to get past my rotting, stinkin' ass.....;)

i have to be in cincy this thursday for the final appeal hearing on my house down there....good chance they are going to stick it up my ass and take it down....which would put me in a really rotten mood.....and the fact that between that and propperty taxes, i'll be dead ass broke next weekend.....but i'm thinkin about getttin ol Bob to go ....that way if i see something i need, i'll have my fiance guy with me:cool:...

damn slicks!!!!:mad:!!!tricks everyone into thinking Lil Beast is going back to drag racing..:eek::eek:...we be building a cruiser..:cool:..the slicks where a gift from Billy, one of my regular drivers at the truck stop....they are the same size as the Radir 12.50 cheaters that i plan to buy...someday...he felt sorry for me when he stopped by and seen i had built a cardboard to scale tire for setting the frame body ect at the profile i wanted....they'll be for sale one of the days.....Billy only made 3 passes with his 65 dodge,570 something :confused::confused::eek:cubic inch hemi drag car.

besides,the boxer pups own my couch now.....and this was a month back on christmas...they be way bigger now;)

DCFC0001.jpg