Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best State for Car Nuts?? HELP!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gas_Tires_Oil, Jan 11, 2012.

1. boojoe

boojoe

I moved from Ct. to Alabama 10 years ago, no emmisions, no inspection, low taxes, and no snow !!!

2. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

I am fortunate enough at my age to be retired, so employment is not an issue for me.

The wife on the other hand is a registered nurse and would move a lot easier if she knew what the employment opporitunities were for an Orthopedic Registered Nurse with 23 years floor nursing and charge nurse experience.

We own a 988 square foot 3 bedroom, 1 bath raised ranch with seperate 24x24 two car garage on 1.53 acres (0.6 of the land is unuseable due to swamp land).
    Our town taxes are $2800 a year.
    I can't stand stairs or taxes anymore !
    I'm thinking about near Fort Jackson, South Carolina or around Ocala, FL for the weather.

In our area "gold chainers" are the italian's with big money whether it thier money or "old" (made by parents or grandparrents) money.

We call those who have the big dollars cars built by someone and never turned a wrench, "check writers" or "bracelet boys". Seems every check writer owns a gold bracelet and flashes it when he shows off his new "toy". They are usually the power parkers who don't know F--K about thier car and show it in how they act.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  3. mendoza727

mendoza727

4. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Really? Vaffanculo, pezzo di merda.

5. I've been to Kingman several times over the past 25 years - I'd agree with that idea. Nice friendly town with some real character.

6. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Yes, the state runs the liquor stores. It's a BIG money maker for them. He's done his research. Not only do they not have sales tax, they don't have state income tax, and the taxes they do have are generally lower than those in NY where he currently lives.
    As far as the seat belt law... there are still people that believe in personal freedom. I believe their state motto is Live Free Or Die. The NH law protects minors and lets adults make their own decisions.

7. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Well im leaving this rat trap soon he can take my pllace, As a matter of fact he can have my wife and house too i just want the trucks and great dane... LOL

8. Zaq

Zaq

great thread. being that im 21 and graduating college next year, ive been looking at where I wanna be...cause it sure aint Hellinois. I love Chicago, but the rest of this place can disappear... Convincing the fiance to move will be the hard part.

Between a few parts of Florida,
    Austin,Tx.
    Central to so cal...
    arizona..
    or alabama on the gulf.

Im a huge scuba diver, so I would love to be by the ocean...
    And warmth...

Subscribing to this...

9. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

10. teddyp

teddyp

Have to agree texas lots of car stuff i was sation in fort hood in the service and stay there after i got out if it wasen,t for my family i still be there

11. You can live anywhere, make it Oahu.

12. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

You forgot to mention one of the most appealing advantages of Oregon ... NO SALES TAX !!

13. fleet-master

fleet-master

Kingman,Arizona is where Two Lane Blacktop was filmed...score points for Kingman :D