Register now to get rid of these ads!

Australian Foreign Affairs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. perception and facts are not always co-linear, making assumptions such as this are offensive and typically do not reflect truth.

Having said that, I trust those victorian guys show you guys a great time (and confident that they will), keep you away from the crap beer, skanky scensters, and give you room to breathe. Embrace the good, and offer a single finger to the rest...:rolleyes::D

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

2. Ooops...got it backwards-sorry Ryan.:eek:

It is ' look to the right stepping off a curb'...Zoinks! My Dad nearly bought the farm in Bermuda by not looking right stepping off a curb while jaw-jacking with my trailing Mom....he was rather situationally unaware and quite shaken afterwards...a stranger grabbed his arm and pulled him back onto the curb.

Actually, I have always thought that here in the states we should drive on the right and sit on the RH side as well...it would be safer in two ways 1: In the typical intersection left-front to left-front crash, the driver would be sitting on the opposite side of the crash...and 2: when you get in and out of the car, the driver's door would open to the curb, not to oncoming traffic. It would be more dangerous in intersection T-Bone though...I have driven a few RH drive cars here in the states and it just feels natural to me to sit on that side.

Again, sorry Ryan...practice looking right stepping off of curbs.

3. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Most importantly...

Watch out for the DROP BEARS!

Especially when driving a roadster.

I hear horror stories about them from my mates that do our tours.

4. badgeree

badgeree

Looking forward to meeting the Boss on Friday.
    As a way of keeping inter Country Peace, I don't know anyone who piles vegemite on dry toast, except American Talk Show Guests.
    If you can't survive plain Vegemite, spread it thin on a bit of buttered toast and add a slice of Cheese. Yummmm.

5. Yeah but the Grog is free.................:D

6. I don't really prefer to read fiction so I guess I'll pass for now. :cool:

7. nofin

nofin
    from australia

Peanut butter is made from vegetables.
    Jelly is made from fruit.

Vegemite is made from beer.

Enough said.

Yes, it really is made from beer.

8. A tub

A tub

yes but beer taste sooooooooo much nicer, alot less salty and helps me relax whilst working my arse off in my shed, infact is probably nicer on toast also haha, im sorry to let u all down but im one aussie that absolutely dislikes the taste of vegemite and yes it looks like thick grease , now i know its crazy, everyone i knows eats the stuff, but i just cant do it,,, a quick question where the hell does promite get made and sold i heard this stuff is worse( just when i thought u couldnt get worse, sorry die hard vege lovers) hope u have a great time Oz

9. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Drop bears ain't as predatory as the "Aussie Bush Pig"
    They are dangerous, and somehow know when to prey on innocent helpless drunks

10. I eat Vegemite........
    Never did like Marmite as much.............. :confused:
    Have a great time Ryan, just dont take photos of the Hilton from outside the airport, or the nice man in a turbin will tell you off. Ask me how i know. :D

11. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

This here is a guide to speaking 'Stralian

[​IMG]

12. lowerod

lowerod

The only country where god put the steering wheel on the right side of the car...You will enjoy Blake we are pretty laid back down here.....

13. Mudgy

Mudgy

14. Cragar

Cragar

They land yesterday and I got to meet them last night not that they will remember after a 30 hour trip they looked a little worn out and then sampling a few can of what Aus has to ofter I think the first thing they wanted to see was the inside of there eye lids

15. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I would not blame them after that trip.

16. Actually Melbourne IS BAT COUNTRY. Every night in the inner suburbs a flock (?) of bats flies from the parks to the place they feed at night.....sky fills up with bats.

True story.

Have a good flight.

17. Nice to put a face to the name last nite fellas - a well earned sleep will go a long way haha !!

Rat

18. Yer , you know that old story about people think Kangaroos are jumping down the Main street in Melbourne , well Bugger me if we are not a mile from the airport in Bails's Chopped Chevy with Blake and Ryan on board and theres a Roadkill Kangaroo in the middle of the Freeway , no shit ! No one believed me but Thommo fessed up later that he saw it too .................:cool: