Register now to get rid of these ads!

Falconstein partial mock-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, May 22, 2011.

1. ...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  2. anteek

anteek

Different,nice to see something without a flathead or bellybutton in it. I get s**t over my T rpu that will have fenders and a banger. Think outside the box and ignore the traditional police. cars were being built with the same theme in the '50's out of common body panels ;look in mechanics illustrated and old Hot Rod magazines.

3. Hot gas engine. 4 cylinder turbo. Look up Smokey Yunick hot gas engine.
    Carb on heated intake , turbo blows it into the engine. Great power and mileage.

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Man, that thing shouts Watson roadster....with a top. This could be really fun!

5. JEM

JEM

It sounds like you're trying to keep the $ down, but that thing screams for some Halibrand kidney-beans...

Around here anything as old as a Pinto 2-liter is rare as rocking horse droppings in the junkyard...and since the local u-pull-it competition evaporated the half-price days mostly did too. I'd finally given up on waiting for a sale and went back to get a 2-liter Zetec out of a Focus (for the '65 Cortina) only to find all the clean ones had recently been hoovered out. Have to wait for some yard turnover.

Given the look you've mocked up, the thing looks like it needs one of the laid-on-its-side Toyota fours from an old Previa minivan (that'd put the driveshaft over next to the frame rail, though...) extra points if you can find one of the supercharged ones, but to make that combo work right you'd pretty much need EFI.

6. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Hmm?? It's Definitely 'different'.
    What's the "skinny" on this????:D:D:D
    (Sorry, I couldn't resist! - LOL)

Mart3406
    ==========================

7. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

i like it, but i'd rather see it as a weird 2 seater roadster.
    the drivetrain ideas i like even better, but as Jem pointed out, the Zetec can be dressed to look real nice, someone here has a little modified w/ one, but cantremember who.

8. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Hot wheels Torpedo series.

Scotty

9. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

10. Johnunit

Johnunit
    from Toronto

may I recommend Ecomodder.com as a good site for info on general design and aero for fuel efficiency? They have people with everything from a hybrid 65 Mustang to a few kit-build electric cars to guys getting 30MPG with modern heavy duty pickups.

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Interesting... I can't remember when, but for some reason I think there has been a published rendering of a Falcon done just this way. Perhaps in SR or HR?

Also, if you haven't seen his work, GaryC has done a lot of illustrations in this vein. Check them out here:
    http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/GaryC/vehicles

Gary

12. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I see that body half as the back flipped around on the chassis, maybe, mid-engine?