Register now to get rid of these ads!

Window regulator glue ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rice n Beans Garage, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

fixing some door glass on my 34, I know some use the rubber strips, others use urethane, any other good tips or is that the way to go for attaching glass to the window regulator channel ?

2. davis574ord

davis574ord

I allways cleaned the channel really good with a scotch brite pad and laquer thinner, and then urethane,roll up glass and let it dry at least overnite. Never had a problem! Good luck!

3. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

They make a double stick tape, that you apply to the edge of the glass, bump the channel on with a deadblow hammer and trim off the excess..you can get it at any auto glass shop....

4. you should be able to get the "glue" from any auto glass shop

5. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

X2! Just don't get to much urethane on your hands.. That shit is tough to get off. Use rubber gloves.

6. ureathane is not the best way to mount glass. compession tape is what the factory used.
    The main problem with ureathane is when its wet and you roll the window up the bottom chanel has a tendency to flop in or out and ends up with metal to glass which is a bad thing. if you have to use ureathane use a small strip of of thick tape on each end to center the glass till the sealant sets up

7. Jim...er, NONAME knows what he's talking about when it comes to glass. Just don't ask him about the mating habits of the giant oriental salamander. He doesn't have a clue.