Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Roadster rattletrap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Lafayette, Apr 5, 2011.

1. yblock292

yblock292

thats funny as hell, every summer i have this ever lasting bruise bottom of upper arm from "door pinch" driving my 29....and every time i think, damn that hurts, don't do that , till next time!

2. gas pumper

gas pumper

I can't see in the pict, and if you mentioned it earlyier, I forgot, but how is the car suspended? Buggy springs? If yes you need to make sure the shackels Work. Very freely, as in no friction. Rubber bushings that can't move freely add to the spring rate. A very hard material that is a slip fit and can be lubed is the way.

3. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Is that a stock model A hood?

4. John Lafayette

John Lafayette

I have the solid plastic type bushings in the shackles from pete & jake I think. Hard to remember. I'll check that too.
    I'ts a stock A hood that was born with the car. It doesn't fit perfect up to the 32 grille shell though. That 32 shell is original. It was on a doodlebug that my uncle bought in the early 50's. His son (my cousin) gave it to me years ago. Thanks, John

5. OLD CHEBBYS

OLD CHEBBYS

Hey John, put lakesters on it, my truck doesn't rattle a bit...

6. John Lafayette

John Lafayette

It's not rattling now. It's frozen.