Register now to get rid of these ads!

Assembly line video 1936

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smokeybear, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

2. screwshiney

screwshiney

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that gets posted about once every 2 months, keep posting, I don't think everyone has seen it yet.:)

4. white64

white64
    from Maine

I was surprised by the amount of automation! ROBOTS!

5. perk30

perk30

That was cool. Thanks for posting it, I hadn't seen it yet.

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

very cool,i too was suprised by the amount of automation.I havent seen this posted before so thanks for putting it up

7. ratman

ratman

Thanks very cool:)

8. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

I thought it funny how the guy was walking around checking panel fitment. To hear it told today, they just threw these things together and they didn't care how they fit together.

9. Keep

Keep

Very cool. Amazing at the size of some of those presses. The amount of moving parts there is just damn cool.

10. Old&Low

Old&Low

Fascinating! I hadn't seen it before either; thanks for posting.

11. very cool never saw it before

12. mrdodge

mrdodge

Way cool. Thanks for putting up. Robots even...

13. My Dad went to work in one of those factory and lasted one day, He said he would rather pound nails in the sunshine. What boring work.

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

There is a version that has then building the motors before going to the rest of the car,I too was suprised on the automation the factories had back them.

15. throttlein

throttlein

Thanks for posting. That was very interesting.

16. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Seen here before, amazing footage and great to revisit!!!

17. RussK

RussK
    from Atlanta Ga

Thats was so cool

18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I have gotten to deliver inside some metal stamping places, and they look much the same today as they did back then. One difference between now and then is that robots load and unload the machines instead of men doing it. Another difference is they use coils instead of sheets, the machines feed constantly, and after one machine stamps a part out, it goes to another to make another stamp on it, until the panel is finished instead of doing it in one large stamp.
    Really cool to see those old Mopar's going together. I wish I could find a few fresh off the assembly line like that, instead of with 76 years of rust!:D

19. ...first time I've veiwed it. simply amazing for mid-30's. Looks like it could be a dangerous place to work it you slipped up.

20. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

You know today that plant would be closed by OSHA. I didn't see any safety glasses, hand protection, foot protection, moving machine guards of any kind. So many violations I couldn't keep up. Might also explain why cars where so much cheaper then too. Was the UAW active then?

21. 12bjoshu

12bjoshu
    from Kansas

The amount of automation for the mid 30's just astonishes me... Honestly, while I was watching just the frame building, had the frame not been identifiable as 30's era construction, I would have thought that this was a compilation of footage from at least 20 years later.